Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,863,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
ALso looking at this thread I see alot of NE characterestics
- One Hour - One City: Atlanta - 5 Points! - - SkyscraperPage Forum
I don't consider those to be Northeastern characteristics; those are characteristics of a typical historic urban business district. You can find such in New Orleans, Richmond, San Francisco, Kansas City, Detroit, Tulsa, Baltimore, or Philadelphia. That's not exclusive to the Northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
I think as Atlanta increases in density, the northeastern city it will resemble will be Boston. I think they have the same type of spaghetti road network. Philadelphia is more gridded, right? I could be incredibly wrong.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,270 times
I like how DC became a southern city in this thread. I mean lol.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
I like how DC became a southern city in this thread. I mean lol.
then you'll love how dc was a southern city before this thread and will still be a southern city long after this thread.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
then you'll love how dc was a southern city before this thread and will still be a southern city long after this thread.
No it won't, at least not to the DC City-Data natives. That is unless some consensus was formed from all the " is DC southern" threads that were here before I gave up on the City vs City board.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I don't consider those to be Northeastern characteristics; those are characteristics of a typical historic urban business district. You can find such in New Orleans, Richmond, San Francisco, Kansas City, Detroit, Tulsa, Baltimore, or Philadelphia. That's not exclusive to the Northeast.
I do consider those NE characteristic.....

Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
What's funny is that only a few blocks in either direction from that location in Inman Park you can have a similar brick townhouse neigborhood:

inman park atlanta - Google Maps
Well, that's not really the same thing, but that's okay. We see what you're saying.

That New Orleans comparison was dead on, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
No it won't, at least not to the DC City-Data natives. That is unless some consensus was formed from all the " is DC southern" threads that were here before I gave up on the City vs City board.
DC is Mid-Atlantic, not southern....I got you, mux

Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Well, that's not really the same thing, but that's okay. We see what you're saying.

That New Orleans comparison was dead on, though.
I get where he was trying to go, but it didn't make it completely.
I assume he was reaching for something similar to this..?
Google Maps or Google Maps

Old 03-21-2011, 10:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I get where he was trying to go, but it didn't make it completely.
I assume he was reaching for something similar to this..?
Google Maps or Google Maps
Well I guess it didn't look as dilapidated as the New Orleans scene lol. But the density with the homes shoulder-to-shoulder, and the little brick complex looked very NO.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Well I guess it didn't look as dilapidated as the New Orleans scene lol. But the density with the homes shoulder-to-shoulder, and the little brick complex looked very NO.
Didn't see it, me. I knew where it was going, but it was too many details in the picture that said otherwise, things you'd never see in both settings. I mean there was a little similarity, but only vaguely.

I mean we could say that I'm knitpicking or paying to much attention to the details, but it's the details that make Atlanta Atlanta and any other city any other city.

This is more like shoulder-to-shoulder though Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City