Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has better nightlife?
Miami 66 75.86%
Toronto 21 24.14%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM

182 posts, read 454,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I am pretty sure, Miami is a vacation/desitination city like Las Vegas, Honolulu, Cancun, etc. They rely heavily on international and national tourism. That is what they are known for. Cities like Toronto, Chicago, Boston, Seattle etc, are not vacation destinations. Yes people go there for vacation but that is not what they attract.

Honestly I can give to ****s of which city is gets more tourists. If Toronto does that fine, but whether you like it or not you have to admit Miami has a world renknowned nightlife and a very distinct culture.
We are prolly not made to attract tourist, but still gets alot more than Miami, hld on lemma check how much tourist come to T-Dot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 PM

now TELL ME ABOUT NIGHT LIFE!!!

Greektown on the Danforth, is another one of the major attractions of Toronto which boasts one of the highest concentrations of restaurants per kilometre in the world. It is also home to the annual "Taste of the Danforth" festival which attracts over one million people in 2 1/2 days.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM

Now if
"The Toronto Eaton Centre is one of North America's top shopping destinations, and Toronto's most popular tourist attraction with over 52 million visitors annually." thats JUST EATON CENTRE!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 PM

994 posts, read 1,829,746 times
Here is a good link:

MOST VISITED CITIES (2009)

Either way they are neck in neck on this list, but I don't see what tourism has to do in the end of the day with the topic of this thread. Mecca is supposedly visited more, but that doesn't mean it has a better nightlife. Same goes for Toronto vs. Miami.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Here is a good link:

MOST VISITED CITIES (2009)

Either way they are neck in neck on this list, but I don't see what tourism has to do in the end of the day with the topic of this thread. Mecca is supposedly visited more, but that doesn't mean it has a better nightlife. Same goes for Toronto vs. Miami.
Toronto should be hovering over NYC

Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 PM

181 posts, read 301,784 times
Toronto's skyline. Miami's is a pathetic joke in comparison. Greater Toronto has over 2000 completed highrises, and close to 150 currently under construction:

There are more highrises in this next picture than in all of South Florida:

Miami's pathetic skyline is only long north-south. But East-West it is only a few blocks wide. Toronto's skyline is just north-south AND east-west.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs361.ash2/63905_172097166157072_110447845655338_405632_77035 03_n.jpg (broken link)

http://urbantoronto.ca/picoftheday/images/XView3pano.jpg (broken link)

http://urbantoronto.ca/picoftheday/images/XView2pano.jpg (broken link)

North York City Centre. One of many suburban skylines:

NYCC with downtown Toronto in the background:

Sorry, Miami, you're WAY, WAY, WAY out of your league here:

And before anyone whines and asks what skylines have to do with nightlife, I'm not the one who first posted skyline pictures. It was that troll "CelticGermanicPride" who first posted skyline pics of Miami, with the ridiculous claim that Miami's skyline is "bigger" and "growing faster" than Toronto's.

So ask him what skylines have to do with nightlife.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihos501 View Post
LMFAOO mannnn, Mississauga has a bigger skyline, actually Yonge and Finch could really take on that Miami skyline in terms of height and amount of buildings not only that, its cleanliness, its women, its beauty, its architecture, its size. I live Keele & Finch.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
And the continues, here we go........I think it's time someone closed this thread it's gotten pretty stupid.
No, you Americans are the one who are crying. Hell, look at all these insecure "IrrelevantAmericanCityX" vs. "Toronto" threads you keep starting. If you weren't so insecure and crying, you wouldn't be starting these threads to begin with.

You don't see my starting any of these stupid threads. It's you losers.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Miami is a much bigger destination for Americans, Europeans and Latin Americans than Toronto is.
Maybe for Americans, but not for Latin Americans or Europeans. I already gave proof that Toronto gets over 4 million overseas tourists while Miami gets less than 2 million. Your only "proof" is your word. Which is of course a lie. You've given no links.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM

994 posts, read 1,829,746 times
Ugh, this has gotten too stupid. My opinion Toronto has the better skyline, Miami the better nightlife. Both are great cities in their own right, but I am done with this thread, it has gotten out of control and I have wasted too much time on it. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City