Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Toronto vs Boston
Toronto 112 52.83%
Boston 100 47.17%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 PM

181 posts, read 302,021 times

Advertisements

No, you're lying again. I've been to about a dozen countries. I lived in the United States for 2 years, and have been to around 15 States, Washington DC, and the USVIs. It's you who doesn't know anything beyond your own area.

Stop telling me what I do or do not know. You don't know me and can't talk for me. You can only talk for yourself. You make yourself look stupid pretending to know me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:16 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ#1 View Post
No, you're lying again. I've been to about a dozen countries. I lived in the United States for 2 years, and have been to around 15 States, Washington DC, and the USVIs. It's you who doesn't know anything beyond your own area.

Stop telling me what I do or do not know. You don't know me and can't talk for me. You can only talk for yourself. You make yourself look stupid pretending to know me.
For well-traveled man of the world you sure do act like a 14 year old child.

If you did travel around the world, I wouldn't be lying...simply just misinformed. What part of the United States did you live in? You actually made it out of Washington DC alive? Wow, you're lucky.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM

182 posts, read 454,672 times
OMG what does the economy has to do with it??? Can't you see all these people from WORLWIDE are coming to Toronto and not Boston. Holy omg, btw what can you get with the economy look at China they have a big economy and look I dunt even care about China, neither Japan, and my computer is not made in China neither Japan. What if Montreal has 2x US economy, i mean it really doesn't make a difference to what people see. omg plus the US Economy is the largest (biggest dept never mind) what do you expect. what about Tokyo?? Largest economy and i dunt even care about tokyo, its not even a world centre, what about boston its not even a world centre like TO

Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM

181 posts, read 302,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
For well-traveled man of the world you sure do act like a 14 year old child.

If you did travel around the world, I wouldn't be lying...simply just misinformed. What part of the United States did you live in? You actually made it out of Washington DC alive? Wow, you're lucky.
No, you wouldn't just be "misinformed". Misinformed means that somebody informed you of something, but it wasn't true. Nobody has informed you of anything about me except me.

I lived in Louisville, KY. I've been to (not counting airport layovers):

Washington
California
Minnesota (was flown there for a job interview)
Michigan
Indiana
Kentucky (lived)
New York
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Washington, D.C.
Florida
USVIs

I think that's it.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihos501 View Post
OMG what does the economy has to do with it??? Can't you see all these people from WORLWIDE are coming to Toronto and not Boston. Holy omg, btw what can you get with the economy look at China they have a big economy and look I dunt even care about China, neither Japan, and my computer is not made in China neither Japan. What if Montreal has 2x US economy, i mean it really doesn't make a difference to what people see. omg plus the US Economy is the largest (biggest dept never mind) what do you expect. what about Tokyo?? Largest economy and i dunt even care about tokyo, its not even a world centre, what about boston its not even a world centre like TO
Ok, wait 20-30 minutes. The cocaine should have mostly worn off by then.

Hopefully you'll be make an understandable response by then.

In the mean time, I'll try to decipher what I read:

1. People from WORLDWIDE are coming to Toronto, but not Boston

Toronto is definitely a more diverse city than Boston, but that's not to say Boston isn't an international city. Boston has very good international representation and notoriety.

2. Holy omg ECONOMY

You previously compared Boston's size to one of your blood cells. I was simply pointing out the fact that for such a small city, we seem to have a very large economy.

Our population isn't that much smaller either. Yes, Boston city proper is only 620,000, but it's also only 48 square miles. Cities like Brookline, Cambridge, and Somerville are very much part of the city's urban fabric, and there is over 250,000 college students in the inner-core of the area. That would put over a million people in about 75 square miles. Not too bad.

Boston offers a lot, and I'm sure in many areas it doesn't stack up to Toronto. However there are plenty areas where Toronto can't match Boston either.

3. dunt even care. Tokyo. World Centre

Are you referring the Global Financial Centres Index which I posted earlier? If that's the case, Tokyo is tied for fifth, Toronto tied for tenth and Boston is one spot behind at twelfth.

P.S. In your first post of this thread, you said Toronto has better higher education than Boston...how much crack are you smoking anyway?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ#1 View Post
No, you wouldn't just be "misinformed". Misinformed means that somebody informed you of something, but it wasn't true. Nobody has informed you of anything about me except me.

I lived in Louisville, KY. I've been to (not counting airport layovers):

Washington
California
Minnesota (was flown there for a job interview)
Michigan
Indiana
Kentucky (lived)
New York
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Washington, D.C.
Florida
USVIs

I think that's it.
Kentucky's per capita murder rate has continually been higher than Mass over the past decade (approx twice as high), so I'm not sure why seem to think Boston is so terrifying.

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihos501 View Post
What you trolling huh? Why you sounding soo harsh?? btw that list is probably from 1901.
It's actually a list released semi-annually...the ranking I quoted was released this month. About a week ago if I'm not mistaken.

Here's the link if you want to read it:
Z/Yen - GFCI 9

I didn't realize I was being harsh...you seriously sounded like you had just sniffed a line, so I was just telling you to wait a few minutes and respond later. I didn't realize that's how you actually talked. Sorry.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
It's actually a list released semi-annually...the ranking I quoted was released this month. About a week ago if I'm not mistaken.

Here's the link if you want to read it:
Z/Yen - GFCI 9

I didn't realize I was being harsh...you seriously sounded like you had just sniffed a line, so I was just telling you to wait a few minutes and respond later. I didn't realize that's how you actually talked. Sorry.
im sorry im under 18, im neither on coke, nor alcohol

Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Lol BTW i wasn't talking about Financial Centres, i was talking about World Centre. Toronto is the world centre.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM

It's a highly regarded city in the world, yes. But not much more than Boston, if at all. In comparison to Tokyo (I have no idea why you brought it up earlier), it's a little speck on the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City