U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ???
St.George 24 53.33%
Grand Junction 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:25 PM

6,023 posts, read 9,556,240 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have made many Decisions,and now I am Contemplating a move to Either Grand Junction Or St.George. I hear these two cities are good for beginning a new life. I enjoy Grand Junction Because of the beautiful mountains,Trees,Vibe,Downtow,etc. I like St George Because of the Vibe,Scenery,downtown..etc. I would like to know what one you think is better (According to my standards) and why.?

Population:
Big City Feel:
Climate:
Worst Traffic:
Crime:
Airport:
Things to do:
Better Schools:
Downtown Area:
Cost of Living:
Food:
Vibe:
Jobs:
Anything you can think of:

Thanks for any awnsers i get!

Last edited by Mezter; 03-27-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:51 PM

786 posts, read 1,741,676 times
I know little about both, so I shouldn't really post, but for me, just looking at St. George, at the 1990 census it was apparently 78% LDS, which would certainly put me off, so despite knowing very little about each, I'm voting for Grand Junction. Just thought I'd put that out there see if it bothers you.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM

870 posts, read 1,477,413 times
I'd pick St. George. It is probably best in all categories listed. It is also near Las Vegas which could be a fun day trip. It is not nearly as LDS as the rest of Utah. It is much more beautiful than Grand Junction. I don't really think Grand Junction has anything better than St. George.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I'd pick St. George. It is probably best in all categories listed. It is also near Las Vegas which could be a fun day trip. It is not nearly as LDS as the rest of Utah. It is much more beautiful than Grand Junction. I don't really think Grand Junction has anything better than St. George.
St. George really does look beautiful, but I just looked on it's page on this site (the LDS figure I found before was on wikipedia) and the LDS adherents in 2002 were 92.5%!!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
St. George really does look beautiful, but I just looked on it's page on this site (the LDS figure I found before was on wikipedia) and the LDS adherents in 2002 were 92.5%!!!!!
So what? Do you have some sort of problem with Mormons? There may be a lot of Mormons there, but it is MUCH less of a Mormon area than where I live in Utah County. St. George is a very nice place to live even for non-Mormons.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 PM

Im not Mormon...so whould I have problems fitting in.?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Im not Mormon...so whould I have problems fitting in.?
No, not in St. George. Up north it might be less easy, but St. George is much more accepting.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 PM

^Thats something to consider. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
So what? Do you have some sort of problem with Mormons? There may be a lot of Mormons there, but it is MUCH less of a Mormon area than where I live in Utah County. St. George is a very nice place to live even for non-Mormons.
Well you must know there are stereotypes that they are one of the more vocal of the christian denominations. In fact, anywhere which is so overwhelmingly one religion is a place I don't really wish to live. Wikipedia says ARDA recorded Provo as having 88% LDS, so I guess that is higher. When it comes to religion, I'm kind of live and let live; you don't bother me, I won't bother you, but if I resided in a town where I felt that people were overtly a certain way, that would not be my cup of tea.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Population:GJ
Big City Feel:GJ
Climate:GJ
Worst Traffic:GJ
Crime:IDK
Airport:GJ
Things to do:IDK
Better Schools:IDK
Downtown Area:GJ
Cost of Living:SG
Food:??
Vibe:??
Jobs:??
Anything you can think of:...
For the things i listed,is it accurate.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City