Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Philadelphia 74 66.07%
DC 38 33.93%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sweetkisses* View Post
no i havent
you are disqualified from commenting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Boo. Try again
beat it

Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
DMV

Quote:
NYC will be on top because its the best city.
so the ppl would be on top simply because NY is the best City? go somewhere with that crap.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 PM
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Philly posters – What did you do the last time you saw that crazy guy with the tin foil hat on the corner preaching the world ends tomorrow or he was brought here by Martians? Did you decide he seemed like someone you could hold a reasonable debate with, or did you just walk on by?

In my view, there are some posters on this thread who are analogous to that old guy on the corner. How would I describe them? They are the folks who have exhibited one or more of the following behaviors:
• Jumping into a thread at the end without understanding the premise
• Making claims about a city they've never visited
• Ignoring posts with facts that counter their arguments
• Issuing challenges and then ignoring the responses
• Taking information out of context and posting it in a way that supports their position
• Making posts that are simply unintelligible
• Posting pictures of food(?)
• When all else fails, calling individuals names and other epithets

Just as I ignore the crazy dude on the corner, I find no sense in addressing any posts that fall into any of the above categories. Really, all it does is provide another opportunity for them to continue their crazy talk. If folks like that are left alone, they just take walk down the street to do their crazy somewhere else.

And just like the guy on the corner who wakes up tomorrow to find the world didn't end after all, I predict the folks on this thread will wake up tomorrow, look at the poll, and see what we already know – most people agree that our downtown is heads and tails above DC’s.

Keep watching the poll.
All this talk about the guy on the corner makes me think of Philly, not DC.

Is this the guy you were talking about because he resides in Philly not DC

PS
This is a City vs City battle people so stop all your whining. When ever there's a smack-down between 2 cities just like in real life DC will not hesitate to bring out the ugly in another City. When 2 candidates are running for president which is basically a candidate vs candidate battle what's the first thing that they do? They try to find dirt on the opposite party to make themselves look better because in the end that's what ppl do when they compete. They get down and dirty. All you Whining and complainers need to just get over it and if you cant take the heat then get the **** out of the kitchen. POINT BLANK

Yours truly,

DMV

Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
beat it
No you beat it. From now on you are on my ignore list.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
you are disqualified from commenting!
lolololol ok

Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
DMV

Quote:
No you beat it. From now on you are on my ignore list.
Who cares. you ppl are so touchy that it's actually funny.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:09 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Isn't Philly like 3 times the size of DC? DC needs to get its weight up before trying to rumble with the big boys.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Isn't Philly like 3 times the size of DC? DC needs to get its weight up before trying to rumble with the big boys.

LLS - That's why this thread is so funny!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Get it's weight up?

You mean by annexing land from Virginia and Maryland resulting in population growth ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City