Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Philadelphia 74 66.07%
DC 38 33.93%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,654,979 times

Advertisements

yall mf's in here sound youtube stupid..especially the 1 with initials B Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,017,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
I don't know exactly how many dummy accounts there are but my estimate is about 10 so far lol.
haha there are seriously at least 5 of them that have been started in the last two days. how pathetic do you have to be?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
yall mf's in here sound youtube stupid..especially the 1 with initials B Y
Stamp

Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 PM

after all this, I have but one question. Who exactly is proud of people wearing north face and nike boots and how exactly is this relevant to the discussion of which city has a better downtown? North face and nike boots? Seriously is that what y'all hang your hats on down there?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM

418 posts, read 809,325 times
I still don't know how dc think they started wearing Nike boots first.

Last edited by TMR23; 03-30-2011 at 10:36 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
come on now..... you know better than that. DC definitely stamped Nike Boots. We started it and made it hot. Truth be told a lot of us been stop rocking Nike boots back in "06", but a lot of us "still got our Nike boots" (WALE) LOL.

BTW: that song about Nike Boots that Wale made came out years after we started wearing them in case anyone thinks that's when we started rockin Nike Boots. Wale made it a song because back then, it was apart of the DC uniform, but now in day's you dont nearly see them as much. When I went to School in NC back in "06" people could tell where I was from without me even telling them. Why? Because I had on Nike Boots.... They always use to say "Yall DC dudes famous for wearing those big *** space boots", but they cant go by the N. Boots anymore because now a lot of ppl rock them. I guess you happen to miss that episode on 106&Park when Jim Jones told everybody where he got rockin Nike boots from back in like 07 or 08 (cant remember which year it was out of the two because it was a minute ago). He said he got it from DC cats and we respected him for it because usually (and Im not gonna list any specific cities) when other ppl from other places start doing a DC trend they dont give credit, but the kid Jimmy did, so he got love that.

Last edited by DMV; 03-30-2011 at 11:27 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 AM

418 posts, read 809,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
come on now..... you know better than that. DC definitely stamped Nike Boots. We started it and made it hot. Truth be told a lot of us been stop rocking Nike boots back in "06", but a lot of us "still got our Nike boots" (WALE) LOL.

BTW: that song about Nike Boots that Wale made came out years after we started wearing them in case anyone thinks that's when we started rockin Nike Boots. Wale made it a song because back then, it was apart of the DC uniform, but now in day's you dont nearly see them as much. When I went to School in NC back in "06" people could tell where I was from without me even telling them. Why? Because I had on Nike Boots.... They always use to say "Yall DC dudes famous for wearing those big *** space boots", but they cant go by the N. Boots anymore because now a lot of ppl rock them. I guess you happen to miss that episode on 106&Park when Jim Jones told everybody where he got rockin Nike boots from back in like 07 or 08 (cant remember which year it was out of the two because it was a minute ago). He said he got it from DC cats and we respected him for it because usually (and Im not gonna list any specific cities) when other ppl from other places start doing a DC trend they dont give credit, but the kid Jimmy did, so he got love that.
A lot of cities hopped on Nike boots when they came out, nobody waiting for another city to make them hot first. Just like dopes, people saw them, wanted them and bought them. Most cities don't wait for another place to make something hot before they hop on. Nike boots were released in almost every city at the same time.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post

BTW: that song about Nike Boots that Wale made came out years after we started wearing them in case anyone thinks that's when we started rockin Nike Boots. Wale made it a song because back then, it was apart of the DC uniform, but now in day's you dont nearly see them as much. When I went to School in NC back in "06" people could tell where I was from without me even telling them. Why? Because I had on Nike Boots.... They always use to say "Yall DC dudes famous for wearing those big *** space boots", but they cant go by the N. Boots anymore because now a lot of ppl rock them. I guess you happen to miss that episode on 106&Park when Jim Jones told every

body where he got rockin Nike boots from back in like 07 or 08 (cant remember which year it was out of the two because it was a minute ago). He said he got it from DC cats and we respected him for it because usually (and Im not gonna list any specific cities) when other ppl from other places start doing a DC trend they dont give credit, but the kid Jimmy did, so he got love that.
to which I say. Honestly who cares. You bore me. Every post about dc it's nike boots this and north face that. Like that stuff is even anything to be proud of. I mean honestly. Y'all think you're original for wearing nike and north face? 2 giant worldwide companies... Please

also, all this talk about a 'dc uniform' buncha like minded sheep. In philly I dress how I want.

Last edited by phillies2011; 03-31-2011 at 01:07 AM..

Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,609 times
Freshman year at Maryland our anthem was Chillin, probly one of Wale's worst songs.

PG Chillin is still the banner on my phone though haha.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 AM

1,223 posts, read 2,266,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
They did! In college (02-06) they were known as the DC shoe. I still think they look horrible but, hey, if I were from DC I would rep it hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City