Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Philadelphia 74 66.07%
DC 38 33.93%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
A lot of cities hopped on Nike boots when they came out, nobody waiting for another city to make them hot first. Just like dopes, people saw them, wanted them and bought them. Most cities don't wait for another place to make something hot before they hop on. Nike boots were released in almost every city at the same time.
There's an article from a Nike Rep who stated that DC started the whole Nike Boots phenomena. And everybody knows that DC is Foam posite land. Stop faking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
to which I say. Honestly who cares. You bore me. Every post about dc it's nike boots this and north face that. Like that stuff is even anything to be proud of. I mean honestly. Y'all think you're original for wearing nike and north face? 2 giant worldwide companies... Please

also, all this talk about a 'dc uniform' buncha like minded sheep. In philly I dress how I want.
Well what do you want to talk about? Pick a topic!

Diversity
Cosmopolitan
Education
Per Capita Income
Culture
Sports
Urbanity

Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post

Diversity
Cosmopolitan
Education
Per Capita Income
Culture
Sports
Urbanity
I proudly use my 1000th post to vote DOWN any mention of GoGo, North Face or Nike.

Why don't you give us your breakdown on each of the above topics you listed.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:

Diversity
Cosmopolitan
Education
Per Capita Income
Culture
Sports
Urbanity
I choose Education for $1000, Alex!

DC schools suck. Many of the charter schools are actually worse than the public schools. The only exceptions to the rule are Wilson, Ellington, Banneker, and Walls. These schools cannot compete with the programs in schools like Central, Masterman, Bodine, CAPA, GAMP and Carver. There's not one public school in the entire DC Metro area that has Central's record of producing nobel laureates, Rhodes Scholars, actors, comedians, scientists, architects and attorneys. There are also no schools in the DC Metro that are as diverse as Philly's top schools.

You will never see a classroom this diverse in the District of Columbia.

YouTube - Central High School: Race to the Top High School Commencement Challenge

YouTube - Masterman English Class

YouTube - masterman concert 12-18-2008 007

YouTube - Bodine High School's Asian Club Heritage Month Comedy Film 2010 Part 1

YouTube - Student Health Force - Philadelphia - Grover Washington Middle

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I proudly use my 1000th post to vote DOWN any mention of GoGo, North Face or Nike.

Why don't you give us your breakdown on each of the above topics you listed.
Good grief - I just checked back in. Is this thread still going on about sports, Northface, GOGO and Youtube links to booty shakin'? I suspect if there was a third choice, people at this point would both cities suck.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Wow this thread exploded.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,518,046 times
Whelp...this thread sure has deteriorated. We're now talking about GOGO dancing/music/whatever, Nike boots and Northface jackets..all while using words like SLIM... how about those downtowns!?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

DC schools suck. Many of the charter schools are actually worse than the public schools. The only exceptions to the rule are Wilson, Ellington, Banneker, and Walls. These schools cannot compete with the programs in schools like Central, Masterman, Bodine, CAPA, GAMP and Carver. There's not one public school in the entire DC Metro area that has Central's record of producing nobel laureates, Rhodes Scholars, actors, comedians, scientists, architects and attorneys. There are also no schools in the DC Metro that are as diverse as Philly's top schools.

YouTube - Central High School: Race to the Top High School Commencement Challenge

YouTube - Bodine High School's Asian Club Heritage Month Comedy Film 2010 Part 1

Hmmmm! The whole Metro area huh? Montogmery County and Fairfax County are consistently listed as having the best schools in the country. Go look it up!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

LOL Bajan you just crack me up sometimes..... The best High School in the whole Country is in Alexandria, VA (a DC Suburb) which is Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, so where are you getting your info? Philly isn't even in the Rankings. There was a NY school that came in 6th and a NJ school came in 11th, but that's about it. If I were you the last thing I would do is bring the whole Metro Areas into the equation especially if were gonna talk about Education because everybody knows that the DC area will mop the floor with Philly's Metro in that aspect for sure. No pun intended

Here's the Source
------ America's Best High Schools: Gold Medal List - US News and World Report

Last edited by DMV; 03-31-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
LOL Bajan you just crack me up sometimes..... The best High School in the whole Country is in Alexandria, VA (a DC Suburb) which is Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, so where are you getting your info? Philly isn't even in the Rankings. A NY school came in 6th and a NJ school came in 11th, but that's about it. If I were you the last thing I would do is bring the whole Metro Area into the equation especially if were gonna talk about Education because the DC area will mop the floor with Philly's Metro in that aspect for sure.

Here's the Source
------ America's Best High Schools: Gold Medal List - US News and World Report
what in the world does a school located in ALEXANDRIA VA have to do with comparing the dt of dc to the dt of philadelphia. WILL YOU PLEASE AT LEAST TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC!

Quote:
There's an article from a Nike Rep who stated that DC started the whole Nike Boots phenomena. And everybody knows that DC is Foam posite land. Stop faking!
I swear if there is one more mention about go go or nike boots from someone from dc i will give up on that entire city. you guys are easily in my top ten right now. but mention north face again and i will forever think of Centralia pennsylvania as a better place than dc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City