Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country do you prefer to Live based on Criteria given?
Canada 40 16.53%
United States 202 83.47%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 04:45 AM

969 posts, read 2,072,798 times

Advertisements

My country is better than yours. More importantly, I know that you know that my country is better... much, much better.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 AM

26,876 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
Great food in Montreal also but nothing unique except the poutine which is just fries with gravy.Hardly that different.

With all due respect I think you're grossly short-changing the uniqueness of the food scene in Montreal.

It has every bit as unique a local food scene and the American cities that are known for this as well.

And it's much more than poutine, although poutine comes in a multitude of varieties now from low-brow snack bar to ethnic mixes (Italian, Algerian, Mexican) to high end with fine cheeses, filet mignon and demi-glace sauce.

Add to that other specialties like the classic bagels and smoked meat, but also cretons, tourtière, ragoût de pattes de cochon, pouding chômeur, all of the cuisine associated with maple syrup and sugar shacks, etc.

And the "fusion" that happens in Montreal between various culinary elements mentioned above, or between these elements and international cuisine.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,226,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
I know you are trying to prove BlueRedTide wrong, but this point actually strengthened his point. These "rebuttals" are actually incredibly weak.

Fact is Canada has contributed very little to the world. If you deleted Canada from world history, very little (if anything) of substance would change.

It's why Canadians are so annoyingly proud of Tim Hortons. It's a sub-par Canadian company that has struggled everywhere outside of Canada. But Canadians still love to talk about Tim Hortons because it's considered one of Canada's "great accomplishments." In the U.S. nobody would even notice such a mundane company, since our entrepreneurial culture has brought us the most Global 100 companies in the world: Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Disney, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Starbucks, etc.
This post is crap as all your anti Canada posts are! Crap like this is why many Americans have a bad reputation around the world.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:41 AM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Canada is just America with less crime, more colder, more forest

Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,460,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
And what companies does Canada that is close or equal to Microsoft?Amazon?Costco?
None.
You dont even want to mention Minnesota because they have heavyweights like Cargill,3M,Best Buy,etc..
Im really trying to be fair and objective but anybody can see that Canada has very little that is in other countries comparably speaking.
Many states have many of those same type companies and more. I can think of at least 10 states.
Yeah I dont get his point. Costco and Microsoft are 2 of the largest corporations in the World Top 50 if I remember correctly. Not to mention Boeing which despite moving its HQ is still dominate to the Seattle area more then anywhere else. Seattle's GDP is higher then Toronto's for a reason.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
This post is crap as all your anti Canada posts are! Crap like this is why many Americans have a bad reputation around the world.
Quote:
I know you are trying to prove BlueRedTide wrong, but this point actually strengthened his point. These "rebuttals" are actually incredibly weak.

Fact is Canada has contributed very little to the world. If you deleted Canada from world history, very little (if anything) of substance would change.

It's why Canadians are so annoyingly proud of Tim Hortons. It's a sub-par Canadian company that has struggled everywhere outside of Canada. But Canadians still love to talk about Tim Hortons because it's considered one of Canada's "great accomplishments." In the U.S. nobody would even notice such a mundane company, since our entrepreneurial culture has brought us the most Global 100 companies in the world: Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Disney, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Starbucks, etc.

A-ha! so you're the reason for our bad reputation

Old 01-10-2017, 12:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:

Thanks man now i have to go buy a Canadian flag to put on my suit case for when i travel overseas

Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Canada's Worst Driver recently arrived on Netflix, hilarious and a good tv series, good learning experience too. I recommend it for all of you to watch.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Not to be rude, but please point out the lie in his post

Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 PM

I think it has more to do with the tone than about being right or wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City