Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which City Has The Better Nightlife
NYC 125 81.70%
DC 28 18.30%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,111,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
and wale is trash. yeah, i said it. nobody is trying to hear that dude. he had to get tossed onto ross' label because the label he originally signed to didn't know what to do with him.

nobody was giving him a chance in the industry. he basically had flocka begging the industry to put him on. he's corny. now he has to align himself with a dude that is infatuated with the whole mafioso, colombian druglord NEW YORK rap that raekwon started way back when, just to get put on. again. this clown is gonna end up on xxl's freshman cover again lol.

these two dc dudes are in denial. the south doesn't want dc and neither does the north and they think this somehow makes dc "cooler."

ok, we believe you.
Let's clear two issues up real quick. No one thinks DC's nightlife is better than NYC. Nobody thinks go-go is better than rap. It's two different types of music. Go-go is a sound sorta like Jazz that is played with a variety of instruments. You can't just start a go-go band unless you have some musical talents. Any fool can rap. (See Soulja Boy).

What I find intriguing is that most of NY rappers come to DC to party with our go-go bands but people here say go-go is trash.

From Wiki - There have been a number of artists who have sampled from existing go-go records or put out records with a go-go beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 AM

13,687 posts, read 15,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Tunechi View Post
eek always does that......

YouTube - youtube plus eek vs dc
LOOOOLLLLLL.....he is a certified Bamma!!!! Who takes the time out to makes a video for city-data.com? LOL.....I'm going to need this guy to exit stage right!!! And to pretty much end this thread.....DC doesn't care what you think about us. You guys can stay up there and we will stay down here!!!

/THREAD!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM

159 posts, read 278,033 times
Perfect GoGo sample:

YouTube - Jill Scott - It's Love (2000)

Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
LOOOOLLLLLL.....he is a certified Bamma!!!! Who takes the time out to makes a video for city-data.com? LOL.....I'm going to need this guy to exit stage right!!! And to pretty much end this thread.....DC doesn't care what you think about us. You guys can stay up there and we will stay down here!!!

/THREAD!!!!!!
Eek,

You shut this whole thread down with that. LOL - This is why you gotta love an NYC cat. You proved my point! You are such an off brand that it is comicaL. BTW: You sound like the "Black Rocky" with that speech impediment son! I can get you some help. Get at me LOL.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,697,257 times
first off my response on page 12 is a direct response to MDAllstar. read his posts before looking at my posts.

there's even a quote in that post from him and the response to it. since you guys are capable of searching old threads then you should be capable of reading comprehension.

before you even begin to criticize my response, you need to look through this guy's posts to see why ppl reacted the way that they did.

lol @ all these cheerleaders congregating.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Let's clear two issues up real quick. No one thinks DC's nightlife is better than NYC. Nobody thinks go-go is better than rap. It's two different types of music. Go-go is a sound sorta like Jazz that is played with a variety of instruments. You can't just start a go-go band unless you have some musical talents. Any fool can rap. (See Soulja Boy).

What I find intriguing is that most of NY rappers come to DC to party with our go-go bands but people here say go-go is trash.
you act like rappers don't want to gain more fans. its a business first, passion second nowadays. remember that.

and you def have ppl on this site that think dc is better than ny in terms of whatever, including nightlife.

lol @ "any fool can rap." any fool can do go go. doesn't mean it will be good. just like non rapping "rappers."

what i find intriguing is that ppl want to talk about rappers and producers that create rap beats based on sampling sampling gogo. as if rap didn't start from sampling.

as if its some new found thing to sample.

and as if gogo itself isn't an offshoot of something else. get outta here.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 AM
eek

this guy mdallstar basically ****ted on ny and philly. called philly irrelevant and said they look up to us and don't have their own identity.

he said that nobody has their on genres of music like dc.

basically ****ted on hip hop.

talked bad about ppl from ny and philly.

talked bad about other ppl from dc that didn't agree with him
etc. etc.

but *i'm* the person that "attacked first?"

please. i'm one of the only ppl from ny on this site in this section that gives your area its due but TWO of you are making it bad for your whole metro area on this site with what you're saying about other cities. the dmv area is nice but gogo is not the second coming, your style is unique and nice to you and a few ppl in your immediate area and thats it.

you will never be on our level in anything. ever. it is what it is. stop comparing yourselves to us, stop saying you're in our region, etc.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
you act like rappers don't want to gain more fans. its a business first, passion second nowadays. remember that.

and you def have ppl on this site that think dc is better than ny in terms of whatever, including nightlife.

lol @ "any fool can rap." any fool can do go go. doesn't mean it will be good. just like non rapping "rappers."

what i find intriguing is that ppl want to talk about rappers and producers that create rap beats based on sampling sampling gogo. as if rap didn't start from sampling.

as if its some new found thing to sample.

and as if gogo itself isn't an offshoot of something else. get outta here.
Slim,

Jay-z lifted like a whole song. That's not a sample.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
eek

son,

jay z has like 11 albums and you're talking about one song. you guys are real proud that he took one gogo song and bit it, huh? jay has bitten a lot of ppl. what else is new?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Like I said before, it's so funny how you all seem to think it's ok to put down our city and expect us not to come back at you all.
when you make gogo out to be this God send music that nobody else outside of dc is capable of duplicating, like its the end all be all of black music and like dc is the only city with its own genre of music, you seem to think that thats ok and that ppl from other cities won't take offense to that.

ESPECIALLY when ny GAVE this country its most popular form of music, several times. ESPECIALLY when cities such as new orleans, detroit, philly, oakland, etc. exist.

you expect us to not "go back" at all? that's not gonna happen.

Quote:
...the crack comparison was about unity. The black community was ravaged by crack and unity and helping each other out was the only way to get through that time. Maybe if black people in NYC had any say so in their community, they would have been able to help each other out too.
we were too busy not voting a crackhead into office to "unify" by voting a crackhead into office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City