Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which City Has The Better Nightlife
NYC 125 81.70%
DC 28 18.30%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
And because hip hop has transcended globally, it has become so watered down and unhinged from it orginal intentions. NYC undoubtedly will always be the King of hop hop in a sense but now places like the ATL rule hip hop. That's the difference between DC and NYC. NYC made the ultimate sacrifice by letting hip hop get away so they could reap fortunes, it has become laughable. How is Soulja Boy more popular than GhostFace? You may or may not like go-go but one thing is certain, it's our music and it still represents the streets of DC. In 1988, when Spike Lee discovered EU (LOL) and they created "Da Butt" which was a smash hit at the time, people in DC shunned them for doing that song. I can't blame them for trying to make it out of DC but that's how the city is on the ground level. And I know it sounds single minded. When EU's career fizzeled, they tried to come home and regain their core fans but DC had moved on. Nothing and I do mean nothing impresses DC. Rappers come here with fur coats on in April and they are laughed at. Eek, DC is the most powerful city in the free world son! Point blank, if China starts a war, the president who resides in DC will make the decision that will determines the fate of the world. Like I said in an earlier thread, NY will determine if courderoy is in or out in 2011.
just wrong on so many levels.

it's not hip hops fault people everywhere love it and are trying it. sure a lot of them suck. but if you can't dig through that to see that there are more super talented artists in nyc right now than there ever was then you're blind. and that goes the same in philly, la, basically everywhere.

when more people are doing something of course you're gonna have more crap out there, but if you can look through it you can see there are skilled people out there doing some innovative **** right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,090 times
I have reason to believe 70-80 percent of city vs city is black. Posts like these prove it.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,090 times
Oh, and hip hop is a culture too. I can't believe no one mentioned that and I listen dance and music with guys screaming at me.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:50 PM

159 posts, read 279,666 times
DC is the only city that didn't get influenced by hip-hop like that.
Nobody here break dances lmao. We have GoGos, the rest of y'all have hip-hops lol.

I think DC and NYC would've had a better a relationship if it wasn't for that drug beef that happened back in the day tho.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Oh, and hip hop is a culture too. I can't believe no one mentioned that and I listen dance and music with guys screaming at me.
i hinted at hip hop being bigger than just music earlier, iirc. its def a culture that was emulated worldwide. the dances that have come from it, the graffiti movement which was embraced by it (and associated with it), the lingo (which i said earlier), etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Tunechi View Post

what in the world??

Quote:
Nobody here break dances lmao. We have GoGos, the rest of y'all have hip-hops lol.

YouTube - Crafty Bastards Breakdance Competition P1 2009 Washington, DC

OH.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
no wait...lets revisit this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Tunechi View Post
word?? lets look harder:

Lil Tunechi

???

lets look harder:

huh...? not influenced??

one last thing...

Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 PM

Lil Wayne stole my nickname son I swear lol.

Any nobody up north started callin themselves "lil" anything until Lil Wayne came out.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i hinted at hip hop being bigger than just music earlier, iirc. its def a culture that was emulated worldwide. the dances that have come from it, the graffiti movement which was embraced by it (and associated with it), the lingo (which i said earlier), etc. etc.

what in the world??

YouTube - Crafty Bastards Breakdance Competition P1 2009 Washington, DC

OH.
Refer to the rule of thumb! There are two different worlds in DC. You know exactly who he was refereeing to when he said we weren't influenced by hip hop.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
LOL, I can't believe people think NYC BEGGED for money. The real story went like this -- The Govt THEW money at NYC and the Bush Administration practically BEGGED the American public to allow the government to "bail out" Wall Street. Remember that emergency public address that interrupted regular programing with Bush basically asking permission for the bailouts? LOL.

Fact: NYC will move on without hickup if Washington were to be wiped off the planet tomorrow.

Fact: The entire WORLD would go under if Wall Street was wiped off the planet tomorrow.

And ironically, 2012 presidential campaigns officially kicked off for the president last week and NYC was the first stop. Because you know, that's where the power and money is. He'll also be back in NYC for his second stop again this week.
Before he steps foot in any other US city.

Now that's power
Oh God here goes DC's #1 hater and NYC's d*ck sucker (and every other city for that matter)

Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
You know exactly who he was refereeing to when he said we weren't influenced by hip hop.
Stamp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City