Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 AM

10 posts, read 18,316 times

Advertisements

Well, I really love being outdoors, and I love nice weather and sun. Hot summers are also important. Friendly people, nice neighborhoods, and a country feel are some other things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM

143 posts, read 368,732 times
Western North Carolina has a lot to offer with many attractions for nature lovers. While we are not really close to the ocean, we do have some nice lakes in the area that we get to enjoy...

Old 04-13-2011, 01:19 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,708,767 times
Co..............

Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
I would choose North Carolina, but both are beautiful.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,991 times
Colorado over North Carolina if you are an outdoorsman. Not than I don't love NC...but those aren't "mountains"...at least comparatively speaking Obviously no beach but a huge value of CO citizens is access to outdoors activities. + no humidity. Denver also is a vibrant city with excellent job opportunities so you can fund the adventures + the Rockies and Nuggets.

I'm obviously biased, and I would totally live in North Carolina, but I think based on your criteria you'd be happier in Colorado. Only a 17 hour drive to the beach

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Seems like NC would be your logical choice because you like both the mountains and the beach. Plus NC is home to one of the best college basketball scenes in the nation. There's no MLB team there yet, but the state's largest cities all offer a minor league team. Plus you get a very wide variety of natural settings to choose from that you don't have in Colorado. Oh, and you can DEFINITELY get hot summers and a "country feel," along with nice neighborhoods, as well.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
"Plus you get a very wide variety of natural settings to choose from that you don't have in Colorado."

Not true at all! Colorado is MORE DIVERSE than nc. Minus the beach, COlorado has nc beat in the diversity of the States for Natural Scenery. From high plains to desert to Mountains, it is true!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:12 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"Plus you get a very wide variety of natural settings to choose from that you don't have in Colorado."

Not true at all! Colorado is MORE DIVERSE than nc. Minus the beach, COlorado has nc beat in the diversity of the States for Natural Scenery. From high plains to desert to Mountains, it is true!
I wouldn't say that Colorado has more geographic diversity than North Carolina...they are probably fairly even, since you can't subtract the coastal areas (minus the beach? what does that even mean?). I would expect CO to offer more outdoor options, being twice the size of NC...but great diversity can be found in small as well as large areas.

Both states have several mountain sub-ranges that are part of a larger range and the foothills/valleys that go with them. Both states have abundant farmland. NC has the Piedmont, CO has the Eastern Plains...NC has the Coastal Plains, CO has the Great Plains...NC has beaches and barrier islands, CO has deserts. NC has the Sandhills and Tidewater, CO has the Plateau and Western Slope.

NC has a pretty diverse climate compared to CO, with the mountains on one end of the state and the beaches on the other.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,372,560 times
Nc

Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Like you said, "minus the beach." You just can't sweep that under the rug like beaches are just a minor part of the landscape in NC because they aren't, and it's something the OP mentioned that he specifically liked. Colorado simply cannot match that whatsoever. Sure it has larger and more majestic mountains, but the beaches are wholly absent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City