U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Seattle Area
624 posts, read 1,304,038 times
Reputation: 346

Advertisements

What is your favorite/beautiful looking hotel in your city?
For Dallas it would be the Magnolia Hotel:

Images removed - they are copyrighted images from other sites. Please read the room sticky (!) for photo posting guidelines


I also like the Renaissance:

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-15-2011 at 09:09 AM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM
 
Location: NY/FL
818 posts, read 1,258,959 times
Reputation: 421
IMO dont care for exterior design but 40 story hotels with beautiful day and night views overseeing a city with vibrant lights and sound and large ocean backdrop or in case of Chicago Lake Michigan since it doesnt have an ocean lol


http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:1,s:0
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Seattle Area
624 posts, read 1,304,038 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
IMO dont care for exterior design but 40 story hotels with beautiful day and night views overseeing a city with vibrant lights and sound and large ocean backdrop or in case of Chicago Lake Michigan since it doesnt have an ocean lol


Google Image Result for http://www.concierge.com/images/destinations/hotels/usa/newyork/new_york_city/hotel_on_rivington/newyork_hotel_001p.jpg
I wonder how much that view will cost you a night?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
7,480 posts, read 8,685,918 times
Reputation: 6354
Hard to say...we've got more considered resorts than just hotels, but these are the ones I would consider beautiful:

The Phoenician Resort:
http://finethingspackages.com/MLB/hotels/images/phoenicianoutter.jpg (broken link)

Arizona Biltmore:
https://www.cmsc.org/stuff/contentmg...re_resort2.jpg

Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calenda...tos/786VEN.jpg

Fairmont Scottsdale:
http://www.bluetreemarketing.com/b/i...ePrincess1.jpg

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale:
http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com/...sdale-pool.jpg

Westin Kierland Resort Scottsdale:
http://net.acpe.org/iimgs/education/...daleWestin.jpg

Sanctuary Camelback Scottsdale:
http://static.travel.usnews.com/imag...yCamelback.jpg

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch:
https://live.iplanevents.com/docs/im.../hotelpics.jpg

Camelback Inn:
http://www.azbio.org/images/Camelback%20Inn.jpg (broken link)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
624 posts, read 1,304,038 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Hard to say...we've got more considered resorts than just hotels, but these are the ones I would consider beautiful:

The Phoenician Resort:
http://finethingspackages.com/MLB/hotels/images/phoenicianoutter.jpg (broken link)

Arizona Biltmore:
https://www.cmsc.org/stuff/contentmg...re_resort2.jpg

Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calenda...tos/786VEN.jpg

Fairmont Scottsdale:
http://www.bluetreemarketing.com/b/i...ePrincess1.jpg

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale:
http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com/...sdale-pool.jpg

Westin Kierland Resort Scottsdale:
http://net.acpe.org/iimgs/education/...daleWestin.jpg

Sanctuary Camelback Scottsdale:
http://static.travel.usnews.com/imag...yCamelback.jpg

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch:
https://live.iplanevents.com/docs/im.../hotelpics.jpg

Camelback Inn:
http://www.azbio.org/images/Camelback%20Inn.jpg (broken link)
That 3rd one has a really nice view
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Center City
7,533 posts, read 9,079,678 times
Reputation: 10928
The Ritz Carlton on Broad Street:

All sizes | Ritz-Carlton | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/27118242@N04/5140939312/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)


All sizes | Lobby, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Philadelphia | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dandc/3945288755/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
5,814 posts, read 8,502,561 times
Reputation: 2742
Dallas

Hotel Adolphus-opened in 1912 as the tallest building in Texas


Images removed - they are copyrighted images from other sites. Please read the room sticky (!) for photo posting guidelines








Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-15-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
5,814 posts, read 8,502,561 times
Reputation: 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
What is your favorite/beautiful looking hotel in your city?
For Dallas it would be the Magnolia Hotel:


I also like the Renaissance:
I like the Magnolia building. It was a former office building.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 19,374,539 times
Reputation: 2817
My favorites are historic...

Georgian Terrace Hotel, Atlanta

All sizes | Georgian Terrace Hotel (1911), 659 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sminor/2047785925/sizes/m/in/photostream/ - broken link)

The Ellis Hotel, Atlanta

All sizes | The Ellis Hotel | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/52764539@N08/5009571328/sizes/m/in/photostream/ - broken link)

The Biltmore, Atlanta

http://www.flickr.com/photos/procrast8/219597722/sizes/m/in/photostream/ (broken link)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
 
12,810 posts, read 36,092,049 times
Reputation: 10053
Hermitage Hotel, Nashville


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2487/...5986fa6eea.jpg


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3550/...296e764939.jpg


Opryland Hotel, Nashville


http://farm1.static.flickr.com/91/26...9f1247bc66.jpg


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/...6e967a0410.jpg


Union Station Hotel, Nashville


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/...1b16f7e4d1.jpg


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/...b572bc9f49.jpg


Peabody Hotel, Memphis


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5088/...314431f80c.jpg


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5059/...55c30bce39.jpg


Read House, Chattanooga


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5266/...f241290967.jpg


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/...5a88c6f46e.jpg
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top