Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,024,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post

I've been to Chicago several times and I must say its a much safer place compared to LA.

Compton, a community in Los Angeles is the most dangerous place in America based on the population size. Let's keep it real :-)

City Crime Rankings by Population Group
This thread is about LA, NY and Chicago. Not Compton. Let's keep it real and on topic. And of these three cities, CHICAGO IS THE MOST DANGEROUS. That's a fact!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Can't we just appreciate where we live without having to feel threatened by NYC, or a sunbelt sprawler bursting with population, etc? I'm tired of feeling like I have to defend where I live, and I'm even more tired that I have to defend my city from the people that live there

If I wanted to live in Manhattan, I could do so. I clearly don't, and I have my reasons. I'm actually looking at a move to Brentwood in a few years, 'cause I'll happily sacrifice a real urban feel for California's gorgeous weather and slower pace of life.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,172 times
Compton is a community of Los Angeles ...that's a FACT

If Compton is not part of Los Angeles then neither Beverly Hills or Malibu should ever be considered part of LA.

Everyone in America knows that LA region is the most dangerous with more than 100,000 gangs. Just learn to accept it

"Los Angeles county and city is, unfortunately, the gang capital of America," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said as police on Thursday announced a crackdown on the city's 11 worst gangs.

Little glamour in L.A., "gang capital of America"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
This thread is about LA, NY and Chicago. Not Compton. Let's keep it real and on topic. And of these three cities, CHICAGO IS THE MOST DANGEROUS. That's a fact!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 AM

554 posts, read 2,501,129 times
All three cities are a part of the United States of America, which pretty much overshadows everything!

NY is one of the four MAJOR world cities (along with London, Paris, and Tokyo)

LA and CHI are both second tier alpha world cities (along with Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Milan, and Singapore )

No one cares about who overshadows who.. they're all great cities. They all have problems. They're all world cities. They're all part of our country. All three cities are important to our country. Some of us may be Chicagoans, Angelions, or New Yorkers, suburbanites, or whatever. But we're all AMERICANS.

I understand people should be able to have discussions, but this is just ridiculous. LA has gangs, Chicago has gangs, New York has gangs. Who cares who has the most? They're all gangs, they all cause crime, they're all no good. All three cities have crime. Who cares what city is statistically the most dangerous? You can get shot, raped, or robbed anywhere. Just because it's less likely in one city doesn't mean it won't happen.

Get along or move along.

Last edited by CHICAGOLAND92; 08-16-2007 at 01:00 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
Get along or move along.
Ohh, I want badly to add more but I won't. He's right. Can't we all just, get along?

Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Ohh, I want badly to add more but I won't. He's right. Can't we all just, get along?
I'm willing to get along, but it's hard to do so when you make ridiculous comments about how you loved it when it was 16 degrees in NYC and when people had to evacuate their basement homes. I bet you thought 9/11 was funny too, huh? Don't sit here and preach to me when you're just as guilty.

But okay, I got that out, so I'll be gone... Unless I see more **** talking by milkytoast.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Compton is a community of Los Angeles ...that's a FACT

If Compton is not part of Los Angeles then neither Beverly Hills or Malibu should ever be considered part of LA.

Everyone in America knows that LA region is the most dangerous with more than 100,000 gangs. Just learn to accept it

"Los Angeles county and city is, unfortunately, the gang capital of America," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said as police on Thursday announced a crackdown on the city's 11 worst gangs.

Little glamour in L.A., "gang capital of America"
Well, gangs are not the only criminals. But NYC and Chi's gangs are definitely more brutal, especially since their both big Mob cities. If you go through NYC or Chi, which also have many gangs, people are more like every man for themself, and they'll **** you up for no reason... Which the Bloods in Harlem are well-known for. The Bloods in Harlem are known for going up to innocent civilians and slitting their face with a razor blade. Compton is dangerous, but if you compare it to Chicago's southside or Brownsville, Brooklyn, it's more like heaven, especially the looks. Compton looks like an upper-class neighborhood compared to the South Bronx or some Chi neighborhoods. That's one reason I considered moving to LA.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
All three cities are a part of the United States of America, which pretty much overshadows everything!

NY is one of the four MAJOR world cities (along with London, Paris, and Tokyo)

LA and CHI are both second tier alpha world cities (along with Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Milan, and Singapore )

No one cares about who overshadows who.. they're all great cities. They all have problems. They're all world cities. They're all part of our country. All three cities are important to our country. Some of us may be Chicagoans, Angelions, or New Yorkers, suburbanites, or whatever. But we're all AMERICANS.

I understand people should be able to have discussions, but this is just ridiculous. LA has gangs, Chicago has gangs, New York has gangs. Who cares who has the most? They're all gangs, they all cause crime, they're all no good. All three cities have crime. Who cares what city is statistically the most dangerous? You can get shot, raped, or robbed anywhere. Just because it's less likely in one city doesn't mean it won't happen.

Get along or move along.
Yes, well put. I'll quit dogging LA now, and actually, I'll even start boosting it if needed, milquetoast. We're all Americans, NYC is California's city, LA is New York's city, etc.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I never would have thought Albany, NY would be up there in the top 10 with Camden, Compton, etc. Wow.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
I am from Florida and have always had a thing about Chicago....ive always wanted to go there....i get a sense that the people that live there are more humble than other metro areas just by listening to famous people from there that talk about issues in the world and by meeting people that were from there.....and it just seems like there is an awesome atmosphere there ....i would love to find out someday ...hopefully ill get to a point that i can afford to take a trip up there for a week or 2......don't get me wrong i know there are really rough areas there and i might run into plenty of azzholes but the sense i get from most people that are from there is that they are just being themselves and not trying to go for some look or way about them that they arent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City