Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Wow I just realized all that Dallas is close to.

Not saying these are some big time boss cities, but you should really never bored when it comes to road trip options
I like what i can get to in my 4-5 hour range (Actually most 2-3)

NYC
DC
Boston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Richmond

Plus so many great little towns
Hudson Valley
New Hope
Annapolis
Gettysburg
Finger Lakes
Beaches
Skiing
Mountains
etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM

717 posts, read 898,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post

NYC
DC
Boston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Richmond
Thanks for sharing

Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I wish. I'm running a store half of my day and if not that; I'm at my other job. I wish life could be that nice for me though.
Well shoot, make that money, I ain't mad at ya! I used to hold down two jobs between semesters myself. I was the cutest thing waiting tables at Red Lobster at night, and I was working as a customer service rep during the day. We might not agree on much, but I think you can agree getting that money is more important than arguing on here

Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Quote:

NYC
DC
Boston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Richmond

Hudson Valley
New Hope
Annapolis
Gettysburg
Finger Lakes
Beaches
Skiing
Mountains
etc.
Not even close NYC to boston is like 4.5-5 hours, so Philly must be like 6 or 6.5 hours
Also you can go skiing litterally the next town over from boston with a vertical drop of about 650 feet., and it gets better as you go west, if you dont mind freefalls you can ski down the Paslidens on the Hudson directly across from NYC.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Wow I just realized all that Dallas is close to.
Not saying these are some big time boss cities, but you should really never bored when it comes to road trip options
Are those all pictures of the same place? They all look the same to me.

I'll take kps' list (expecting Boston which is just under 6 hours for me - he must drive fast to get there in 5!!):
Quote:

NYC
DC
Boston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Richmond

Hudson Valley
New Hope
Annapolis
Gettysburg
Finger Lakes
Beaches
Skiing
Mountains
etc.
. . . plus I'll add Valley Forge, Shenandoah Valley, Hampton Roads, Harpers Ferry, Chesapeake and Delaware Bays, Brandywine Valley, Atlantic City, Rehoboth Beach, Maryland's Eastern Shore, etc.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:06 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Not even close NYC to boston is like 4.5-5 hours, so Philly must be like 6 or 6.5 hours
Gmaps from Philly to Boston shows 5hrs 52mins, so that means if you go at like 80mph pretty consistently 5hrs is potentially possible. From South Jersey just outside Philly I've done it in 5:30 before.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 PM

717 posts, read 898,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Are those all pictures of the same place? They all look the same to me.

I'll take kps' list (expecting Boston which is just under 6 hours for me - he must drive fast to get there in 5!!):

. . . plus I'll add Valley Forge, Shenandoah Valley, Hampton Roads, Harpers Ferry, Chesapeake and Delaware Bays, Brandywine Valley, Atlantic City, Rehoboth Beach, Maryland's Eastern Shore, etc.
No they are not the same place. You have very poor vision if you can't see that.

Someone would have to be a retarded to not know that the northeast clearly has the largest cluster of major cities. So thank you both for stating the obvious. There's no way we would have known any of this

This wasn't about a competition of who has the greatest cities close by. All this was about was me proving to Newsboy that he was wrong about no place in Texas being in close proximity to other cities. Try reading the preceding posts next time, please.

Last edited by Chalie Brown; 07-27-2011 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Gmaps from Philly to Boston shows 5hrs 52mins, so that means if you go at like 80mph pretty consistently 5hrs is potentially possible. From South Jersey just outside Philly I've done it in 5:30 before.
Yea but it depends on which route you take around NYC and whether you go through Connecticut. If you go through NYC you're not making that trip in 5 1/2 hours. Zero chance you're not caught on the Cross-Bronx.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM

381 posts, read 861,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I notice a lot of people bragging about cities that they don't live in. Everyone is so quick to suggest Austin or Portland as the new promised land, whereas the people that live in those cities are very down to earth about the pros and cons of the areas.
Ive noticed that tends to be true about a lot of cities. And not just on this board, but in real life as well.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM

381 posts, read 861,887 times
Quote:

NYC
DC
Boston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Richmond

Hudson Valley
New Hope
Annapolis
Gettysburg
Finger Lakes
Beaches
Skiing
Mountains
etc.
Seattle, although isolated in many ways, has a lot of cool places with 5 hours:

Vancouver
Portland
Eugene
Coeur D'Alene/Spokane
Whistler
Bellingham
Cascade Mountains
Olympic Penninsula and Natl Park
San Juan Islands
And tons of cool small towns, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City