Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Some of us dont really need to brag because statistics, public opinion polls, surveys and rankings speak for themselves.

Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Some of us dont really need to brag because statistics, public opinion polls, surveys and rankings speak for themselves.

Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
Being a San Francisco native, I will admit that people from there are extremely prideful to the point of delusion. It's all we talk about. We brag about SF's weather, scenery, diversity, liberalism, culture, music, food and weed endlessly. This is one of the things SF is known for. South Park did an episode where Cartman had to wear a protective astronaut-like body suit from the smug self-satisfied comments people were making in SF.

"It's like San Francisco is more like a European city like Paris of Milan".... Bwahaha. So classic:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...he-thick-of-it
As much as I love SF on the point of delusion I agree; but could be my own public opinion - odd as I think SF is great and also think the perception equally blown out of proportion by some of the residents

You can all decide...

Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,468 times
In my opinion, the top three are San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta/Savannah.

Last edited by Gateway Region; 07-19-2011 at 07:29 PM..

Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM

394 posts, read 597,855 times
Vancouver BC

Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Seriously, anyone not listing NYC/NJ is in denial. No one brags more than them, and the runners up aren't even close. Not that they don't have plenty to boast, but even if we're only talking about here on C-D there are like 15 NYC-area bragging posts for every 1 or 2 of the next runner up (which would probably be SF or DC).

Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
In my opinion, the top three are San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta/Savannah.
There are barely any people who post from LA in this forum...

I'd say, right now at least, that it's pretty soundly NYC, SF, Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago. The Atlanta and Houston pluggers have died down a lot in the last few months, but the Philly homers took their place, and right now, there's a couple threads raging that have gotten some of us Bay Area folk out in force - however, at least we're using stats rather than just saying we're "better" or calling other cities "sissies."

Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
1. SF- on everything from income and education, to standard of living and number of Asians
2. NY- Just cause
3. Seattle- Posters here make you forget that the city is often voted as most depressing.
4. Philly- For a while you could not go an hour without someone telling you how vibrant Philly is
5. Atlanta- Olympic talk, Coca cola talk, Airport talk, etc
6. Austin- They will talk you into believing that the city is really in the Pacific NW, not in Texas
7. Chicago- but not from posters from there, just other people hyping it up
8. DC- Most important city because we are the capital
9. LA- We are more important than NY
10. Texas Cities- a number of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Charlotte, as being the center of the universe.
don't be jealous of Charlotte because it is better than Atlanta

Old 07-19-2011, 07:54 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
^^ whoa Boston didn't make the cut?

they just suck in person. that's more respect i have for them over interenet junkies

Old 07-19-2011, 07:54 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
There are barely any people who post from LA in this forum...

I'd say, right now at least, that it's pretty soundly NYC, SF, Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago. The Atlanta and Houston pluggers have died down a lot in the last few months, but the Philly homers took their place, and right now, there's a couple threads raging that have gotten some of us Bay Area folk out in force - however, at least we're using stats rather than just saying we're "better" or calling other cities "sissies."
I guess we will have to disagree because there are tons of Los Angeles/Orange County posters on this site.

The Philadelphia posters defend their city against attacks from San Francisco boosters. However, I would like to say thanks for your opinion because it's always nice to hear things from the perspective of a Seatteite.

Last edited by Gateway Region; 07-19-2011 at 08:09 PM..

Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
As much as I love SF on the point of delusion I agree; but could be my own public opinion - odd as I think SF is great and also think the perception equally blown out of proportion by some of the residents

You can all decide...
I think as SF natives, we are very defensive of our city. People who have never been to the city have very strong preconceived notions about SF that are often inaccurate. What is so weird about San Francisco is that thousands of people who have never been to SF will argue with you to the death about their knowledge of SF that is based on nothing but media-perpetuated stereotypes. But all of the people I know who have actually visited SF or lived there loved it so much. There is much more to SF than what is portrayed in the national media. The highly biased right-wing faction of the media has shorted us to being, well, "the city with all the gay people". This is what many people immediately think when SF is mentioned. But there is sooo much more to SF than that. It's a shame that a huge percentage of the American public only associates SF with nothing but Gay people. Now, there is nothing wrong with being Gay. Most SF residents are known their tolerance to different types of people. But the reason SF natives constantly boost our city is because there is a huge vibrant diverse insider culture that exists there that is largely unknown to most of the country outside of the Bay Area and California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City