Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM

10,714 posts, read 23,567,099 times

Advertisements

Rank these cities. Which ones to you are most livable, enjoyed visiting, or piqued your interest for a visit. Or if you don’t care for some of these cities rank that based on that also.

Sacremento
Spokane
Boise
Albuquerque
El Paso
Colorado Springs
Salt Lake City
Tucson
Reno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM

996 posts, read 1,884,925 times
1. Tucson
2. Colorado Springs
3. Reno
4. Salt Lake City
5. Boise
6. Albuquerque
7. Spokane
8. El Paso
9. Sacramento

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,486,259 times
1. Albuquerque
2. Salt Lake City
3. Boise
4. Reno
5. Colorado Springs
6. Sacramento
7. Spokane
8. El Paso
9. Tucson

Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,419,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Rank these cities. Which ones to you are most livable, enjoyed visiting, or piqued your interest for a visit. Or if you don’t care for some of these cities rank that based on that also.

Sacremento
Spokane
Boise
Albuquerque
El Paso
Colorado Springs
Salt Lake City
Tucson
Reno
Out of the cities I've been to, this is how I would rank them:

1. Tucson
2. El Paso
3. Albuquerque
4. Colorado Springs
5. Spokane

Out of the cities I haven't been to, this is how I would rank them:

1. Reno
2. Salt Lake City
3. Sacramento
4. Boise

Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM

978 posts, read 2,077,827 times
Wow. Sacramento isn't getting any love. Reno, El Paso, Tucson over Sac? Seriously?

Sacramento has over 2.1 million people living in the region ,state capitol of California, midtown sac is amazing neighborhood, decent culture and art and dining scene, NBA basketball is here, a state of the art airport terminal is being finished; we also have light rail, bike trails, two rivers across the downtown area, the Sacramento and American River, good for rafting and such, a lot of trees and a number of good parks, and a few lakes.

Also, our proximity is unbeatable. Within 2 hours or less you can be in the Bay Area, San Francisco, Napa, Lake Tahoe, mountains, snow, Reno, and more.

The negatives: too much traffic, hot summers, crime is a bit high, and for some people, it is in California. Other than that what is not to like.

1. Sacramento
2. Salt Lake City
3. Albuquerque
4. Colorado Springs
5. Boise

Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM

805 posts, read 1,987,939 times
Reno
Sacramento
Boise
Colorado Springs
Salt Lake City
Tucson
Spokane
Albuquerque
El Paso

I love the Tahoe area and the adult activities at reno, I like the size and clubs/nightlife in sacramento, plus the river going through it is nice.
Boise is where I live now (moved from west of Sacramento) and its pretty decent, a lot of outdoors stuff everywhere, pretty good weather. but not very large
I've only been through SLC a few times briefly but it wasn't great imo.
i'm from phoenix originally and have been to Tucson a ton of times...I'm not really a fan.

Then you've got the NM and TX cities, both part of states that i am REALLY not fond of.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,419,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post
Wow. Sacramento isn't getting any love. Reno, El Paso, Tucson over Sac? Seriously?

Sacramento has over 2.1 million people living in the region ,state capitol of California, midtown sac is amazing neighborhood, decent culture and art and dining scene, NBA basketball is here, a state of the art airport terminal is being finished; we also have light rail, bike trails, two rivers across the downtown area, the Sacramento and American River, good for rafting and such, a lot of trees and a number of good parks, and a few lakes.

Also, our proximity is unbeatable. Within 2 hours or less you can be in the Bay Area, San Francisco, Napa, Lake Tahoe, mountains, snow, Reno, and more.

The negatives: too much traffic, hot summers, crime is a bit high, and for some people, it is in California. Other than that what is not to like.

1. Sacramento
2. Salt Lake City
3. Albuquerque
4. Colorado Springs
5. Boise
There's a reason why I specified which cities I've been to and which cities I haven't. It's possible that if I went to Sacramento and Reno, I might rank Sacramento above Reno. The rankings for places I haven't been to were just estimates.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,886,225 times
I'll only rank the ones that I've been to. I don't care much for Reno or Albuquerque and not a big fan of Spokane either, but I really disliked El Paso. It's my least favorite city that I've ever been to. Sacramento is underrated in this thread so far. It's got a lot going for it compared to the others.

Sacramento
Boise
Colorado Springs
Salt Lake City
Spokane
Albuquerque
Reno
El Paso

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,840,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post

1. Sacramento
2. Salt Lake City
3. Albuquerque
4. Colorado Springs
5. Boise

As usual, this is the result of Sacramento being possibly one of the worst self promoters as far as cities go in this country. Sac's definitely got more to offer than the others in that list by far. But most people wouldn't know it because the city sucks at self-promotion and branding. It also suffers from an enormous inferiority complex being in CA and surrounded by SF, LA and SD.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 PM

704 posts, read 1,780,907 times
Colorado Springs is a truly great American city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City