Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,910 times

Advertisements

Bringing the female psyche into the mix can be very dangerous. IIIII I don't think we are safe anymore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 06:26 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times
Maybe we oughta just take a survey of every citizen in each state to resolve this one...who really knows without surveys?

Old 08-18-2007, 06:06 AM

127 posts, read 378,276 times
If you like Latina women than go for it. I do think appearance is very important to Latins from makeup to clothing and I know this goes back to the REAL Latins from Europe. Americans were more Puritanical and frontier type of people.

But since you were making comparisons I will point something out that I have noticed too. I see many Mexican men at Walmart too and I noticed that they have a nice head of thick black hair with very little hair loss, they have nice muscle tone and their skin doesn't get wrinkled and freckled.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 PM

10 posts, read 22,052 times
Default Women with make up on

I live here in the North West. Very few blacks and Hispanics. Hispanic women look so pretty with make up on and their hair pulled black in a pony tail. The white women out here look horrible. They will look at you like you are from another planet if you have make up on. The white women on the East coast and in the South wear make up and they do their hair. I think it has a lot to do with culture and upbringing. Most people out here in the west don't work. They either get social security checks or they live off of the system. So they don't feel a need to look presentable to society.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Women with no make up on

I live here in the North West. Very few blacks or Hispanics. The Hispanic women look so pretty with their make up on and their hair pulled back in a pony tail. The white women out here look horrible. They don't wear no make up. The white women on the East coast and in the South wear make up and they do their hair. I think it has a lot to do with culture and upbringing. Most people on the East coast and in the South work. So they know they have to make themselves look presentable. Most people out here don't work.
They get social security checks or they live off of the system. So they do not feel the need to make themselves look presentable.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese3000 View Post
I live here in the North West. Very few blacks and Hispanics. Hispanic women look so pretty with make up on and their hair pulled black in a pony tail. The white women out here look horrible. They will look at you like you are from another planet if you have make up on. The white women on the East coast and in the South wear make up and they do their hair. I think it has a lot to do with culture and upbringing. Most people out here in the west don't work. They either get social security checks or they live off of the system. So they don't feel a need to look presentable to society.
How did you bypass the C-D IQ test to be able to post here?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Women with no make up

How would you know anything. You probably never been out of your neighborhood let alone Florida.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese3000 View Post
I live here in the North West. Very few blacks or Hispanics. The Hispanic women look so pretty with their make up on and their hair pulled back in a pony tail. The white women out here look horrible. They don't wear no make up. The white women on the East coast and in the South wear make up and they do their hair. I think it has a lot to do with culture and upbringing. Most people on the East coast and in the South work. So they know they have to make themselves look presentable. Most people out here don't work.
They get social security checks or they live off of the system. So they do not feel the need to make themselves look presentable.
I found your comments about people living off the system not making themselves look presentable thought provoking. When I see old movies or pictures it looks like all women wore makeup. It looks like they didn't leave the house without a fresh coat of lipstick. Of course before 1964 and LBJs "War On Poverty" very few people lived off the system, there wasn't really a system to speak of. I wonder if there is a correlation between the welfare state and women wearing less makeup? That may sound far fetched to some but it makes sense to me.

Getting back to the original question I asked two years ago. I wil guess Miami is also another good city for makeup sales. These statistcs have to exist somewhere. I remember a book in my college library, I think it was by a compny called Simmon's. It would index sales of every consumer product you can imagine by every demographic including region and I believe metro area.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Default Not much in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I found your comments about people living off the system not making themselves look presentable thought provoking. When I see old movies or pictures it looks like all women wore makeup. It looks like they didn't leave the house without a fresh coat of lipstick. Of course before 1964 and LBJs "War On Poverty" very few people lived off the system, there wasn't really a system to speak of. I wonder if there is a correlation between the welfare state and women wearing less makeup? That may sound far fetched to some but it makes sense to me.

Getting back to the original question I asked two years ago. I wil guess Miami is also another good city for makeup sales. These statistcs have to exist somewhere. I remember a book in my college library, I think it was by a compny called Simmon's. It would index sales of every consumer product you can imagine by every demographic including region and I believe metro area.
With all the heat and humidity, you sweat too much. Makeup just drips off your face.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,601,946 times
Not Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City