Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times

Advertisements

Cities I would like to see more of for some reason, but hardly ever see any pics of would be and in no particular order:

Spokane, WA

All of the larger WV cities, ex Huntington, Charleston, etc. Don't know why they sort of fascinate me.

Ann Arbor, Mi (by the way-Go Blue)

That's just a few that come to mind. There are many more.
Boston, Ma-Just don't see enough of the neighborhood pics as I would like too.

Now cities that I am sick of seeing:

Chicago, Il- No disrespect of Chicago, but I am so tired of seeing the same pictures of their skyline. We get it, it's lovely. If anything I would like to see more of the character of their neighborhoods.

Miami, Fl-All I can say is blah. People always show the skyline and I think it looks to Latin for me. Just doesn't look that nice. They went overboard on the condos and such.

Denver, Co--I've seen the skyline too many times and it kind of gets boring. Wouldn't mind seeing more of the city streets sorrounding the skyline though. They seem to fascinate me more.

Los Angeles, CA--This is a weird one for me. When I lived there I loved the look of the city, but for me it is one of those cities that pictures really don't do it justice. I don't care for looking at the pictures. Doesn't even get me nostalgic. And this truly is the rarest of cities for me. I love being there. You get much more being there than you'll ever get looking at pictures. For me almost more than any other city in the world, but for some reason pictures just don't do it justice.

Seattle, Wa-I love Seattle and it has a nice skyline, but by god I feel like I see that city on here more than any other city. If anything, I would like to see the neighboring neighborhoods off of the downtown than the downtown over and over again.

That's it for now, care to share. And lets keep it civil people. This isn't a bash a city, I'm just asking which cities you see too much of and ones you wish you could see more of..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
I don't see any of their skyline too much here. Especially Denver, its not talked about much here.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Default Canada!

I'd like to see more Canadian cities included in the thread. Usually a kneejerk response is "well then go to the Canada thread' Truth is there isn't a whole lot of activity in that thread, and there are a lot of cities up there with character and substance that could give many in the US a run for their money.

We do see a bit of Vancouver and Toronto in the City vs. City threads. Perhaps the mods might loosen up and allow a Vancouver vs. Toronto thread or other Canadian city vs. city thread without automatically moving it to the limited Canada thread.

Cities I'd like to see more of...

Montreal

Quebec City (off the radar and vastly under rated)

Ottawa

Calgary

Halifax

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 09-15-2011 at 09:23 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
more mid sized cities that people may not know about. I'm sick of seeing the same handful of large cities discussed. It's boring. Most people already know about these cities and gets tiresome to see the same conversations.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,872,645 times
I rarely ever see anything outside of the 48 states. How about Honolulu or Anchorage?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I rarely ever see anything outside of the 48 states. How about Honolulu or Anchorage?
I took a stab at this. Didn't really catch on. Feel free to add your input though....

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...vs-hawaii.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-columbia.html

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 09-15-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 AM

102 posts, read 189,507 times
Less photos of Chicago, New York, Seattle, etc. (You are right, skyline talk is getting old-Hong Kong wins already!!!)
Skylines detract from what the city is like as a whole. Is it congested? Are city services good? Hows the climate year round? What are the locals like? Is there an ample amount to do/vibrancy? Public transit in good shape? How about the city's finances? Crime? There is too much focus on size and density. Lets see city's that are improving themselves and are more livable than the Chicago's and New York's which tend to draw more of the hardcore urbanite who find their securities in such overloaded places. My opinion of course.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
more: nice places like Osceola, WI or Mendocino, CA

less: icky places like Orlando, FL or Tiny Town, CO

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM

102 posts, read 189,507 times
More cities of the south, besides Atlanta.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I don't see any of their skyline too much here. Especially Denver, its not talked about much here.
Yes way under the radar here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City