Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Downtown Cleveland or Center City
Downtown Cleveland 23 26.44%
Center City 64 73.56%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 02:29 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,660,661 times

Advertisements

dude I hope you don't take this forum seriously.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
OK...then contact your local pols have all these laws changed...I never realized how much the Catholic Church has derailed the liberal social agenda of the Quaker and Puritan founders of this country...I guess the good old days are 17th Century Puritan New England with all that open homosexuality, prostitution, condoms, pot smoking; until the Cathollic Church ruined it.
You're as guilty of the broad-brushing as everyone else...like all Catholic priests rape little boys...do you think every resident of a black neighborhood is a criminal?
If you're not a member of the Catholic Church why do you care what it thinks or does? Move on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 02:31 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
And the Catholic Church should say prostition is ok?
Well the Catholic Church doesn't...who cares? Generally though, why do so many people go on about the Catholic Church when they're not Catholic or lapsed or whatever...why can't they hear anyone or institution say ''no''...or still getting angry in middle age about Sister Mary Holywater...other deeper issues at work there.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 PM

[quote=Dub King;20923391]dude I hope you don't take this forum seriously.
Many people think the things you state should be legal...so when did you're joke start?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:37 PM

joke and ' not takng too seriously' not quite the same. Each thing I mentioned is in fact legal in some capacity in one state or another.

[/i][quote=Kamms;20923440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
Many people think the things you state should be legal...so when did you're joke start?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:

[/b]
Oh, believe me, I'm not upset by any of this...just missed the joke in you're jump to the Catholic Church thing. But the ''gayborhood'' is more the Wiz than the Wizard of Oz...

Old 09-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I'm not upset by any of this...just missed the joke in you're jump to the Catholic Church thing...but the ''gayborhood'' is more the Wiz than the Wizard of Oz...
I mean Oz in the Wiz than Oz in the the Wizard of Oz...

Old 09-17-2011, 02:45 PM

You set up the punchline for me. The Catholic Church... is a joke.
Another bad joke... With a philly twist. Gayborhood is not just the wiz, it's 'wiz wit'.
I used to live a couple blocks from there, it never struck me as being that bad.
Quote:
Oh, believe me, I'm not upset by any of this...just missed the joke in you're jump to the Catholic Church thing. But the ''gayborhood'' is more the Wiz than the Wizard of Oz...

Last edited by Dub King; 09-17-2011 at 04:04 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 02:51 PM

[quote=Dub King;20923488]joke and ' not takng too seriously' not quite the same. Each thing I mentioned is in fact legal in some capacity in one state or another.

[/i]
You're still confusing to me...I'm sure it's me though. Yes, the great unwinding from the clutches of the Catholic Church has made much progress...legalized prostitution etc. How could I forget the Catholic Church issue of the day right in the midst of that ''gayborhood'' the Planned Parenthood location at 12th/Locust...wow, why hasn't there been mobs of torch-bearing Catholics attacking this neighborhood-bastion of satan?; or, this being Philly a Catholic-flash mob down Locust? Try a Muslim country in the Middle East if you want to see real religious based intolerance.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You set up the punchline for me. The Catholic Church... is a joke.
Another bad joke... With a philly twist. Gayborhood is not just the wiz, it's'wiz wit'.
I used to live a couple blocks from there, it never struck me as being that bad.
I know, it's city life; I've seen these things but it comes with the territory...real city living not Portland, Oregon. It's not like you can't walk down the street, it's busy but funky. The problem with Chestnut/12-10th is it's largely vacant after hours...perception...no one around. I don't like the petty thefts and home break-ins...the flash mobs I ran into were scary though but the city has cracked down on them so hopefully they're history...there was a Tranny flash mob on 12th Street though...hilarious!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 PM

seems like you know the neighborhood very well. I've been the victim of a petty robbery. I've seen a transvestites., on july fourth I have to walk through a potential flash mob to get home. I'm still more scared of new jersey state troopers and driving in that state. I find the gay transvestite prostitutes top be almost quaint. Mayor nutter's new curfew seems to work.
Quote:
I know, it's city life; I've seen these things but it comes with the territory...real city living not Portland, Oregon. It's not like you can't walk down the street, it's busy but funky. The problem with Chestnut/12-10th is it's largely vacant after hours...perception...no one around. I don't like the petty thefts and home break-ins...the flash mobs I ran into were scary though but the city has cracked down on them so hopefully they're history...there ranny flash mob on 12th Street though...hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City