Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: your choice?
Washington 46 66.67%
New Jersey 23 33.33%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,647,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
That's not much different than the Tacoma Aroma driving through Fife and the industrial port on I-5 on a hot summer day.
Ancient history. You'll have to do better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 08:35 PM

635 posts, read 1,509,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
While the climate isn't for everyone, I get a kick out of folks that so easily discount the brutality of the weather extremes in other parts of the country.

I suggest you ask anyone in NJ if they'd trade a winter day of 43 and drizzle for a windy 20 degrees and blowing snow.

Or a 105 with 95% humidity for a 75 degrees no humidity day.

It's all relative. And honestly, why not move from Seattle to somewhere you like more? As opposed to staying and whining all the time?
I don't have a choice, so believe me I'll get out of this crappy place when I can. Oh and let me tell you about extremes, since you OBVIOUSLY have no clue, I guess you stay in your house and are in denial of how it is out here. Yeah, the majority of those guys out there would still take that winter. Why, because at least there is sun out there, OMG we had 50 or 60 days out of 365 days this year of sun. That is pathetic...pathetic stop trying to make this place seem better than it is, your a joke and western Washington is a joke stop fooling yourself.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
I don't have a choice, so believe me I'll get out of this crappy place when I can. Oh and let me tell you about extremes, since you OBVIOUSLY have no clue,.
I feel for your employer....so listen up son. I have seen more of this country than you can dream about. If you need help affording that ticket out of town, I'll happily donate.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:42 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,686 times
I've been to Seattle once, nice place and it was during summer so did I miss out on the worst the weather has to offer? When is the weather at its worst because thats when I wish to visit Seattle next. By worst I mean everything, rain, sleet, hail, foggy, damp, cloudy, grey, etc. I'm interested

Old 09-18-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
I feel for your employer....so listen up son. I have seen more of this country than you can dream about. If you need help affording that ticket out of town, I'll happily donate.
False statement kid and that's really funny because I can 100% guarantee you have not, and do not even for one second believe otherwise, you would definitely not be staying here in the evergray state if you had.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,290 times
Quote:
You just moved here this summer, then don't talk to me about the weather ok? This summer was ok, but definitely not anywhere near my best summers, see that may very well be all of the non-cloudy days we get this year. Don't base your experiences by this summer, believe me.
Wow Ive lived in Seattle of and on for 30 years and loved it I kept comming back. Seattle summers are great for outdoor activities not to hot or cold. We got mountains, Beaches, Deserts, Rain forest's , lakes, and rivers. All in Washinton State.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
False statement kid and that's really funny because I can 100% guarantee you have not, .
And yet you're stuck in Seattle. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Wow Ive lived in Seattle of and on for 30 years and loved it I kept comming back. Seattle summers are great for outdoor activities not to hot or cold. We got mountains, Beaches, Deserts, Rain forest's , lakes, and rivers. All in Washinton State.
For someone who has lived all over this country and really experienced all four seasons, Washington does not hold a candle to many, many places and to hear people constantly try to tell me that the weather here is better than what it actually is is very funny, it just shows how little these people have been out of their houses.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I don't have a choice, so believe me I'll get out of this crappy place when I can. Oh and let me tell you about extremes, since you OBVIOUSLY have no clue, I guess you stay in your house and are in denial of how it is out here. Yeah, the majority of those guys out there would still take that winter. Why, because at least there is sun out there, OMG we had 50 or 60 days out of 365 days this year of sun. That is pathetic...pathetic stop trying to make this place seem better than it is, your a joke and western Washington is a joke stop fooling yourself.
Wow Dude if you cant handle the clouds get a sunlamp. Yes Seattle get on average 60 days of sunshine a year . Also 98 days partly sunny days a year . So close to 160 days of sun or partial sun a year. But Seattle gets less rain than most of the other cities in the U.S. . Now if you cant go outside and enjoy the outdoors in a mild climate on the dry days the clouds wont hurt you. Seattle has alot less rain and rainy wether than the east coast cities. Also remember in Washington theres also cities like Spokane and Vancouver wich have different climates than Seattle and its a state vs state thread.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
For someone who has lived all over this country and really experienced all four seasons, Washington does not hold a candle to many, many places and to hear people constantly try to tell me that the weather here is better than what it actually is is very funny, it just shows how little these people have been out of their houses.
So you have never been to Spokane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City