Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:04 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,579 times

Advertisements

Personally, I like the Dallas vs. Houston rivalry. The quip about "the swamp to the South" was pretty funny. And yeah, Ft. Worth isn't the business area of the metro, but I wouldn't put it down to Arlington's level by calling it a suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTwoFace View Post
It's the exact type of comment that allows eveyone to know exactly how awesome Dallasites already know that they are. And as a proud Dallasite I never miss an opportunity to offend Houstonians, their awful city and their pathetic sports franchises.
Lets see our team is closer to the a nfl champsion than dallas( yeah america team) like 20 yrs ago get over it

Our basketball team is sitting firmly in the playoff bracket, yours is figthing to keep the 8th seed.

Helll even our soccer teams hands yours their ass on a regular (

but you guys got hockey( except we dont have a hockey team and even our second tier team had champsionships)

Old 03-23-2014, 08:31 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Ft. Worth is not a global city, it's just a generally nice, pleasant, very large suburb of the real global city 30 miles east. And that swamp to the south is not a global city on the level of Dallas.
ROTFL!

I love these Texas shootouts! Yeehaw!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM

156 posts, read 244,858 times
Quote:
Ft. Worth is not a global city, it's just a generally nice, pleasant, very large suburb of the real global city 30 miles east. And that swamp to the south is not a global city on the level of Dallas.
Really? You consider 16th largest metropolis city in the nation a suburb because of its close proximity to another major metropolis city? Madison, Des Moines, Tulsa, Rochester, etc. are more globally important cities than FW? Give me a break. Might as well say Baltimore is a suburb of DC using that logic, as they are the same distance from each other as D and FW.

Please, take some time to learn about Fort Worth before incorrectly putting it off as a suburb. Consider taking a tour of it with maps:

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=32.78...76346&t=h&z=11

Fort Worth, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-23-2014, 08:40 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
It's the exact type of comment that allows eveyone to know exactly how awesome Dallasites already know that they are. And as a proud Dallasite I never miss an opportunity to offend Houstonians, their awful city and their pathetic sports franchises.
You're not helping Dallas at all with this type of rhetoric. You're just creating an open invitation for people to bash Dallas which they certainly will do shortly.

Honestly, I doubt you're even from Dallas. Most people are smarter than to make comments like the ones you did because they know that it will make people from their city seem arrogant and stupid.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:41 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
I don't see how Chicago and its declining population and paltry stats is ahead of Washington DC, SF, or LA. Makes no sense at all.
Maybe this will help explain it.

Chicago metro leads nation in major business investments-March 16, 2014

Chicago metro leads nation in major business investments

Best regards,

HomeIsWhere...

Old 03-23-2014, 08:47 PM

39 posts, read 46,781 times
Default Oh yeah.

I see you conveniently left out the Lastros. And somehow that dumb named football team got the first pick in the draft by being oh so close to a championship, let alone the 5 the Cowboys have. And yes obviously having an NHL team beats not having one, so I'm quite happy with their Stanley Cup Championship. Actually it's quite sad that this supposed global city can't even obtain franchises in all the major sports. Now for some reason unbeknownst to me the Dynamo and FC Dallas are in two different conferences, which sounds like a terrible idea to me, but both are in first place currently. Leaving only the Rockets which is winning in championships 2 to 1, of course Dallas is only 3 years removed from theirs, and I think the Rockets should probably start winning some playoff series again before anyone begins to crow about them again.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 PM

39 posts, read 46,781 times
Default Nope.

Arrogant yes, stupid no.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
I see you conveniently left out the Lastros. And somehow that dumb named football team got the first pick in the draft by being oh so close to a championship, let alone the 5 the Cowboys have. And yes obviously having an NHL team beats not having one, so I'm quite happy with their Stanley Cup Championship. Actually it's quite sad that this supposed global city can't even obtain franchises in all the major sports. Now for some reason unbeknownst to me the Dynamo and FC Dallas are in two different conferences, which sounds like a terrible idea to me, but both are in first place currently. Leaving only the Rockets which is winning in championships 2 to 1, of course Dallas is only 3 years removed from theirs, and I think the Rockets should probably start winning some playoff series again before anyone begins to crow about them again.
Yeah Texan had a bad season, yet no one thinks the cowgirls are serious contenders( Like I said 20 yrs ago dude how long yall gong to milk that). Like I said even with a horrible season must people still think Houston is closer than dallas

Having a NHL team in texas really does not mean much( maybe up north) I am sure even if they did they would be wiping the floor with dallas...you went once in 99( have not been witn sniffing range of it since.

Yea both are in first place as far as MLS is concern but only one always makes it to playoffs every year and it anit dallas

even with out winning playoffs are odds are better than dallas and when dirk hangs it up you guys are mega screwed..

As for the astros a team that is rebuilding is just that rebuilding

Old 03-23-2014, 09:38 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Could you two take this garbage elsewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City