Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Atlantic City 27 46.55%
Orlando 31 53.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
What an absolute joke. You just never stop, do you?

Orlando OWNS tourism. Atlantic City is trashy, tacky and ugly - and has been for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
What an absolute joke. You just never stop, do you?

Orlando OWNS tourism. Atlantic City is trashy, tacky and ugly - and has been for years.

Now John, come one here. AC has many issues but it has made a significant turn for the better and has enhanced its image (even reality) in the recent while

Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Now John, come one here. AC has many issues but it has made a significant turn for the better and has enhanced its image (even reality) in the recent while
Oh, I know. This is a personal thing between the supreme basher of everything related to Orlando and myself.

Delusinion and hatred needs to be confronted, in my opinion. No insult to the fine people and the State of New Jersey was intended by my post.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
This is strange...orlando has everything an adult and child can need...what does AC have thats directed just towards children? And don't mention the board walks...
Considering its only 300K in size it punches above its weight on amenities

The beach in the city All sizes | Atlantic City skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/excard1970/2788516726/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

The Quarter at Tropicana All sizes | The Quarter at Tropicana | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenmaciejewski/2720074759/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Beach bars All sizes | Atlantic City, NJ - beach bar at Trump Plaza | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gml527/3747311239/sizes/o/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Seemless walking environment All sizes | The Otherside | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediocrephotography/5979246902/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

etc

Old 09-18-2011, 10:53 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Considering its only 300K in size it punches above its weight on amenities

The beach in the city All sizes | Atlantic City skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/excard1970/2788516726/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

The Quarter at Tropicana All sizes | The Quarter at Tropicana | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenmaciejewski/2720074759/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Beach bars All sizes | Atlantic City, NJ - beach bar at Trump Plaza | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gml527/3747311239/sizes/o/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Seemless walking environment All sizes | The Otherside | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediocrephotography/5979246902/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

etc
I still think orlando has better options for both.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I still think orlando has better options for both.
Then why don't you show me pictures of what you can do in Orlando outside theme parks as I did upon your post of Atlantic City outside the boardwalk.

Just so you know I happen to actually live in Florida, just a few hours away from Orlando and have been numerous times and am well aware of the shopping and dining in Orlando as it has much to offer. Nice place but not the coastal Florida that I'm used to.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Then why don't you show me pictures of what you can do in Orlando outside theme parks as I did upon your post of Atlantic City outside the boardwalk.

Just so you know I happen to actually live in Florida, just a few hours away from Orlando and have been numerous times and am well aware of the shopping and dining in Orlando as it has much to offer. Nice place but not the coastal Florida that I'm used to.
Yes, it's very different from coastal Florida. However, Orlando has a LOT to offer. The large majority of tourists that visit very, very rarely see the real Orlando - which is a very substantial place in its own right. The economy there is not TOTALLY dominated by tourism, by any means.

The place is very misunderstood and severely downgraded by most on C-D (including people who know better).

Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 PM

P.S. The poll pretty much seems grounded in reality up to this point......

Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I agree, I find Atlantic City an amazing adult playground with non stop action and clubs that are truly awesome. Leave Orlando to the children. Great un biased post kid philly as usual.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Orlando seems like it has more options. You have the theme-parks(which have multiple things to do besides rides that are for kids and adults). Then you have the actual city of Orlando with it's nightlife along Church Street, and a professional sports team(with a brand new arena).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City