Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city overall meets our criteria?
Denver is better: 131 65.17%
Sacramento is better: 70 34.83%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:23 AM

6,888 posts, read 8,265,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
There is no reason to to go there. Iv been there I think 3 times in my life I passed through it twice and I went on a field trip to the State Capitol in 7th grade.
I've lived in San Francisco so I'm familiar with what some Bay Areans think of SacTown.

I can honestly say my relatives and friends from the Bay Area love Sacramento and talk of leaving the Bay for Sacramento. I've got the rich ones that want to cash out their expensive properties and live in Sac to buy a dream home or simply for the lower cost of living. And I've got the poorer relatives who never owned property in the Bay and rarely can afford all that SF and the Bay offers. In fact, I enjoy more Bay Area offerings than they do.

Two of my best friends live in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, and they come to SacTown all the time to enjoy the charms of our town.

Did you know there are more 49er season ticket holders from the Sacramento area, than from the city of San Francisco, so I've been told.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 AM

603 posts, read 931,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I've lived in San Francisco so I'm familiar with what some Bay Areans think of SacTown.

I can honestly say my relatives and friends from the Bay Area love Sacramento and talk of leaving the Bay for Sacramento. I've got the rich ones that want to cash out their expensive properties and live in Sac to buy a dream home or simply for the lower cost of living. And I've got the poorer relatives who never owned property in the Bay and rarely can afford all that SF and the Bay offers. In fact, I enjoy more Bay Area offerings than they do.

Two of my best friends live in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, and they come to SacTown all the time to enjoy the charms of our town.

Did you know there are more 49er season ticket holders from the Sacramento area, than from the city of San Francisco, so I've been told.
If true, they should have built the new stadium in Sacramento rather than San Jose.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
How about your NFL team? Or your NHL team? Or your MLB team? Or your MLS team??? Or your NLL team? Oh yeah. You ain't got that either!!!!!!! Enjoy your 60 degree day! We will be back there later this week!
Are you pretending that Denver has mild winters!? Nice try.
Re, sports teams, of course. Denver is a great regional city, what's the next closest big metro, it anchors a region.
Sacramento is close to a ton of amenities, besides the things in the city. Sacramento has within a two hour drive from downtown, more amenities than Denver does and it's not close.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:00 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Not true at all. Ya know, Bay Area folks come up to Sacramento to party too!

I have Bay Area friends and family that love to visit Sacramento.

Some of their favorites activities is riding bikes in Midtown Sac, bar-hopping/night clubbing, water-skiing the Sacramento River, and rafting down the American River, and they love our Train Museum and our Art Museum(The Crocker).

They also come up for Sacramento Kings games. Our new Arena will be just a few blocks from the commuter train that connects Sacramento with the Bay Area: My uncle in Martinez(East Bay) was telling me about this, I hadn't even thought of it.

I have in-laws in Alameda (East Bay) that take the train to Sacramento at least once every few months to visit, they never drive.
I know pretty much no one that does that unless it's to see a family or friends. Stop pretending that Sac is some big destination for people from the Bay Area lol.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:13 AM

465 posts, read 658,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Re, sports teams, of course. Denver is a great regional city, what's the next closest big metro, it anchors a region.
Sacramento is close to a ton of amenities, besides the things in the city. Sacramento has within a two hour drive from downtown, more amenities than Denver does and it's not close.
Your last couple of sentences likely need a caveat. I've driven those freeways enough to know that "within a two hour drive" will usually have to exclude San Francisco due to the time it takes in traffic, and I doubt you could be so assertive about the amenities offered if it's not included.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:20 AM

661 posts, read 690,798 times
Quote:
I imagine Sacramento to be exactly like Methdesto or Stockton.
Quote:
I live in the Bay Area. Sac sucks.
Quote:
Not hating on Sac though

Gotta love that reflexive Bay Area hate. Our 2.5 million person metro is exactly like Modesto huh?

One of the reasons Sacramento is a pretty humble place, always living in the shadow of the Bay. Wish our neighbors would give us some more credit instead of tearing us down like we're a threat. I and many other Sacramentans have lived in the Bay or have come from the Bay and speak very highly about it, warts and all.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBeltOptimist View Post
Your last couple of sentences likely need a caveat. I've driven those freeways enough to know that "within a two hour drive" will usually have to exclude San Francisco due to the time it takes in traffic, and I doubt you could be so assertive about the amenities offered if it's not included.
Nope. 1.5 hours without traffic and 2 with traffic. Done it plenty of times.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,883,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I thought the thread was Denver vs. Sacramento, not Denver vs. Sacramento (oh and since we're getting curbstomped did I mention the Bay Area is close by?).

Old 11-18-2014, 09:39 AM

Well of course a place like Denver that is quite isolated would want the comparison to ignore everything around Sacramento.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 AM

465 posts, read 658,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlats View Post
Well of course a place like Denver that is quite isolated would want the comparison to ignore everything around Sacramento.

Two could play that game: Of course a place like Sacramento, which is quite boring on its own merits, would want to include everything that's well outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City