Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:22 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Ok, your first mistake was assuming that I was trying to tell anybody what they should like or dislike, because I didn't. Your second mistake was assuming that I said Houston had the best electronica scene back then because I never stated that (reading is fundamental). What I did was respond to a poster who mentioned that they didn't realize Houston's role in electronic music or its foundation. Your third mistake was calling me ignorant for assuming that I was assuming that everyone has my tastes in music or that they are going to agree with me.

Great deflection though.
Actually, you are trying to make everyone believe Houston had the best scene back then and anyone who doesn't agree is labeled as "wrong" by your posts. There are going to be posters who disagree with what the best club scene was back then.... shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
I've never heard of Houston playing an influential role in the national/global scene either. Can you give us names of DJs or producers we may have heard of?
That is because Houston didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 05:51 AM

8,610 posts, read 10,142,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Actually, you are trying to make everyone believe Houston had the best scene back then and anyone who doesn't agree is labeled as "wrong" by your posts. There are going to be posters who disagree with what the best club scene was back then.... shocker.

That is because Houston didn't.
Actually, you have no clue what you are talking about, but you sure do like to instigate...

I'm not sure what your "itch" is, but you seem to have this desire to disprove people constantly. It's rather annoying.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,661,088 times
My man, every major city was a 'hot spot' back then but be real, Houston's influence was local.

Quote:
It was definitely a hotspot in the late 80's-early 90's. Furthermore, if you had listened to radio stations during that time frame (which were then more of a representation of each city's tastes than you'll find nowadays), the radio stations (93Q, Energy 96.5, Power 104) were heavily influenced by the club scene in Houston (Club 6400, Power Tools, etc).

Airchecked.com | Category Archive | 96.5 KNRJ – Energy 96.5

Club 6400 Live On 93Q Summer 1988 radio shows, Podcasts & DJ mixes | Mixcloud - Re-think radio

DJNRGWIGGINWEB - TRIBUTE TO CLUB 6400 SIDE B | Mixcloud - Re-think radio

Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
My man, every major city was a 'hot spot' back then but be real, Houston's influence was local.
Listen, I am not trying to pimp Houston here in any shape or form and I never stated that the club scene there was the best or that Houston's influence on music spread to anywhere but in Houston or Texas. However, you can't ignore the influence that ecstacy had on the club scene during that time (Dallas/Houston) and how the rave scene grew during that time frame due to the connection to club designer drugs like ecstasy right about the time that acid rock hit its popularity and the Belgium new beat emerged (around '87).

Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
The hair salon my wife goes to or maybe the gay owned gym down the street from me.

Terrible music thread.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:14 PM

153 posts, read 416,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The hair salon my wife goes to or maybe the gay owned gym down the street from me.
You need to get out more then.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM

643 posts, read 1,018,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHA188 View Post
What city has the best club scene for electronica/house music?
No hip-hop involved...
Those clubs still exist? I thought that fad was long gone.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,706,736 times
NYC scene is much more influenced by Euro scene nowadays. Lots of dubstep/dubstyle in the clubs right now over the past year.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,468 times
Quote:
Actually, you have no clue what you are talking about, but you sure do like to instigate...

I'm not sure what your "itch" is, but you seem to have this desire to disprove people constantly. It's rather annoying.
Bottom Line: You claim Houston has the "best electonica club scene during x time frame" and I completely disagree. There is no need to be vexed because I have a different opinion than yours. You have an opinion and I have mine, we don't have to agree.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Bottom Line: You claim Houston has the "best electonica club scene during x time frame" and I completely disagree. There is no need to be vexed because I have a different opinion than yours. You have an opinion and I have mine, we don't have to agree.
You REALLY need to learn how to re-read as this is the second time I've had to tell you this. I NEVER said Houston had the "best" anything. It would have taken a lot less time to simply re-read the posts than to rehash the same thing over again just so you could again express the fact that you like for your opinions to be different from others'. I already get that you have your own opinions.

Furthermore, I am trying to contribute to the conversation. What are your thoughts about the club scene based on your own personal experiences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City