Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: #2 in the Midwest: Minneapolis-St. Paul or Detroit?
Minneapolis-St. Paul 158 56.83%
Detroit 89 32.01%
Other, be Specific 31 11.15%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 05:13 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,654,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Spoken like a classy, mature adult. LOL! ...and you are not embarrassed by your own name calling and insulting language? Hypocrisy. I had to make one more comment. Thanks. Now continue discussing without me.

Don Rickles would be jealous.
What?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:37 PM

145 posts, read 160,312 times
I'm trying to be as civilized as I can possibly be here. So let me basically repeat/paraphrase myself. The types of people who choose to reside in the Twin Cities are more similar to the types of people who reside in LA and NYC than the people in Chicago and Cleveland are. I mean this mainly from a fashion, creative and corporate standpoint, some of you get it, some of you don't, it's all good.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyDickey View Post
I'm trying to be as civilized as I can possibly be here. So let me basically repeat/paraphrase myself. The types of people who choose to reside in the Twin Cities are more similar to the types of people who reside in LA and NYC than the people in Chicago and Cleveland are. I mean this mainly from a fashion, creative and corporate standpoint, some of you get it, some of you don't, it's all good.
That is an opinion rooted in nothingness and, in my opinion, is pure, unadulterated BS. I suppose since you're from Minneapolis then your opinion means more to the rest of the world than mine. Since Minneapolis is basically a Midwestern outpost for New Yorkers and Los Angelinos and all. I hear people in NYC are obsessed with Minneapolis!

It all sounds so ridiculous, but hey-- if it works for you... So let me get this straight-- New York City and Los Angeles-- two of the most populous cities in the world, can be summed up by a "type"? Aren't cities full of all different types of people? You know how dumb this sounds? I lived in New York and have visited Minneapolis and let me tell ya...you are absolutely delusional.

fashion? Minneapolis? Umm....okaaaaaaaaay.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,775 times
Quote:
If you're trying to say they're more cosmopolitan than the rest of the Midwest cities, I can see where you get that notion, based on the prevailing stereotypes. However, IMO that notion is misguided. Minneapolis is far more family-oriented and has a lot more elderly people than places like Manhattan. Many of the people are natives who have never left Minnesota, and there are much fewer minorities, much smaller downtowns, and much lower density.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
That is an opinion rooted in nothingness and, in my opinion, is pure, unadulterated BS. I suppose since you're from Minneapolis then your opinion means more to the rest of the world than mine. Since Minneapolis is basically a Midwestern outpost for New Yorkers and Los Angelinos and all. I hear people in NYC are obsessed with Minneapolis!

It all sounds so ridiculous, but hey-- if it works for you... So let me get this straight-- New York City and Los Angeles-- two of the most populous cities in the world, can be summed up by a "type"? Aren't cities full of all different types of people? You know how dumb this sounds? I lived in New York and have visited Minneapolis and let me tell ya...you are absolutely delusional.

fashion? Minneapolis? Umm....okaaaaaaaaay.
I'm from Long Island actually..so yeah.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeydickey View Post
i'm from long island actually..so yeah.
lolololol!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 06:44 PM

You don't affect my life, but clearly I definitely have affected yours. Peace out bro...

Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
You don't affect my life, but clearly I definitely have affected yours. Peace out bro...
I'm surprised you have time to even respond to me, Mickey. With all that excitement in New York West (aka Minneapolis), I am shocked you aren't out on the town! TAXI!!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
I've been civil and I've asked you repeatedly to provide real criteria for your baseless "argument", you have not; therefore, you've only added an opinion that is definitely in the minority.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:06 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
It's not THAT far off-base. Do you think St. Louis has more pizazz or something?
Yes, it is actually. Do you think the Twin Cities has more "pizazz" than Chicago???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City