Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Looking Asians
LA/ Orange County 22 48.89%
SF Bay Area 11 24.44%
Honolulu 5 11.11%
NYC/ Northern NJ 4 8.89%
Seattle 2 4.44%
Vancouver, Canada 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:13 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,116,314 times

Advertisements

As an Asian-American myself, I acknowledge the diversity and complexities behind our Asian communities- for instance, there is often indeed a physical difference (build, hairstyle, dressing style) between new immigrant Asians and Americanized Asians..and of course within and between Asian groups (Vietnamese vs Chinese vs Thai, etc)...
but which metro with prominent Asian subcultures, has the best-looking, best-dressed Asians?

LA/ Orange County- this region consists of some very glamorous Asian-Americans..lots of Koreans and Pacific Islanders too in areas.. and unique-looking Southeast Asians who are less evident in other parts of the US

SF Bay Area- imo the Asian-Americans in this area seem more plain-looking and less concerned with their looks than their counterparts in SoCal (but this is true of all races between the two parts of the state)...well integrated within the metro area so have strong sense of place/ position within community

Honolulu- lots of inter-mixing and exotic-looking Asians here, of course most have have Pacific Islander physical qualtiies

NYC/ Northern NJ- more East Indian-Americans and Koreans, lots of new immigrant Asians too who are less assimilated in mainstream culture than in CA, the Americanized ones seem more plain-looking than in SoCA

Seattle- similar to SF Bay Area

Vancouver, Canada- lots of glamorous Asians here, they like to wear dark colors, and lots of new immigrant/ exchange student Asians who showcase their unique styles, lots of inter-mixing too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Sorta depends on what you want.

If you want the Chinese flavor then Vancouver is your option.

Lots of Koreans in NYC/NJ. Also, Seattle area has a lot of Koreans, though they adopt the local laid back dress code.

Seattle has a lot of Japanese and SE Asian folks. SE Asians look their best when laid back, IMO.

SF has lots of Chinese, again, but are sorta the multi-generational type that ... I dunno, I didn't see a whole lot of anyone dressed to the nines in SF. Or maybe I didn't really care/look.

LA definite had some hot Asians there. Mostly because people there are superficial and want to look good.

Ironically the hottest Asian I ever met was in Phoenix. She worked at a teriyaki place and was S-M-O-K-I-N-G. I had to remind myself I was married as she literally flirted with me. Had I been any less weakly willed, I'd probably not be married anymore today.

She tied with the half Asian past flame of mine, who today is a good friend ... she's from Edmonton. Lots of intermixed couples there.

The best for me, cutest, and wonderful Asian I ever met was ... my wife . Off the boat LOL.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:56 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I haven't been to Vancouver or Honolulu, but would agree with L.A.
In the Bay Area, you can definitely tell which Chinese are via H.K.; some women tend to be very stylish while the vast majority wear the prototypical white cap, white shorts & plain t-shirt. The Japanese population have a very good sense of style, tho.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
I married an Asian from LA so I'm biased!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
I've heard and seen many Asians from the LA area and the Vancouver are basically toe-to-toe in best looks.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:20 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Which area has the most Japanese & Korean chicks and dress sexy?
That area wins! I guess L.A.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:34 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,394 times
Honolulu or LA. They get that nice sexy tan skin that looks so good.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:51 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Tough to quantify, but overall, I said LA/OC. Some of the most beautiful women of that extraction I've seen were either from the area originally, or migrated there (for instance, my GF, who's from Seattle originally, and blew my mind the first time I saw her... still somewhat amazed she called me back ).

SF isn't very far behind, and neither is Honolulu or Vancouver.

Seattle and NY/NJ less than the above cities.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:16 PM

61 posts, read 227,732 times
From the cities I've visited and partied in and saw many Asian girls:
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Vancouver
Honolulu
Toronto
Houston
Seattle

Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 PM

533 posts, read 822,047 times
Since the title of the thread was plural (Americas), I was expecting to see more than just a few U.S. cities and 1 Canadian city. I was interested in seeing some comments on Latin America like in Brazil, though I've never been there myself.
Based on the places I have been I would say Santa Barbara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City