Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 AM

31 posts, read 167,447 times

Advertisements

Humboldt Park Chicago neighborhood has been one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago for the past 30 to 40 years.

But many never consider it to be a bad neighborhood, mainly because the interests of the city of Chicago and the Developers and Companys that see Humboldt Park as a Development and Project Gold mine. And yuppies and hipsters refuse to call it one, because the City and Developers support there move into the neighborhood because their target for their projects is aimed at bringing in yuppies and hipsters in. Yuppies and Hipsters have gentrified the outskirts of the neighborhood through over a decade of gentrification.

Even with all of that, Humboldt Park has lead Chicago in homicides for 30 some years. And recently even with the minorities leaving Humboldt Park and the whites moving in, Humboldt Park has managed to still have some of Chicago highest homicides numbers of even in the past decade.

Englewood Chicago, said to be one of Americas worst neighborhoods of all time, and Chicago's number 1 bad neighborhood, has come short of Humboldt Parks homicide numbers numerous times in past 5 years. Humboldt Park had the highest homicide number of all its neighborhoods, last year.

There was 1 year that it got so bad in Humbold Park in mid to early 90s, were it had over 100 homicides in 1 year.

This is the Truth, I read alot of posts about Humboldt Park, because I'm from not Humboldt Park but the Austin area, and all the posts I read first of all is really misleading. Its always been misleading everysince gentrification started in Humboldt Park, people want to deny its problems so they can presuade new development and for people to move in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:12 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,765,736 times
K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City