Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 PM

10,721 posts, read 23,645,291 times

Advertisements

What cities in the US and Canada have you not visited yet that is on your bucket list? Explain the draw or attraction that interest you in visiting cities that may include....

Iconic landmarks
History
Food
Entertainment
Landscape/Climate
People
and any other attractions you can think of.

List your top 5 as a minimum, or if you are so inclined list 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 PM

my bucket list of cities I haven't seen yet....

New Orleans: I've wanted to see the Big Easy for a very long time but still haven't made it yet. The food, history, architecture, music, and cultural attraction are the biggest draws for me. I wouldn't mind doing a side excursion down I-10 over to MS/AL and see some Gulf Beaches as well. My interest in this one city is at its strongest on level much higher than any other cities I have listed.

Pittsburgh: I enjoy looking at photos of Pittsburgh as it's in a beautiful setting with very nice architecture and a gorgeous skyline. There are a few museums I'd like to see while in town as Pittsburgh's history is very interesting.

Honolulu: I've seen Maui and the Big Island but I've yet to see the big city on the Islands. Biggest draw is that it's in Hawaii itself and also the meeting of Pacific Rim cultures as I love the food and especially seafood in Hawaii.

Calgary: In Canada I've hit Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, and Ottawa, so the Alberta cities are the only major Canadian cities I haven't seen yet. Seems more of a jumping off point the Canadian Rockies (definitely want to see those) than an urban attraction but Calgary is still on my radar, it looks like a pretty city in photos, I'd probably include an excursion up to Edmonton as well while there.

Minneapolis: I have a friend that lives the suburbs so I've thought about getting up there, seems to have character and I haven't been around the upper Midwest yet.

Other cities, not as much interest but willing to spend some time in if coming through town and still somewhat on my radar...

Cincinnati
Columbus
Memphis
Houston
Milwaukee
Kansas City
Halifax, Canada

Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM

7,773 posts, read 10,073,714 times
Honolulu (and HI in general) - for obvious reasons
San Juan (and PR in general) - for cuisine, culture and beaches
Calgary/Banff - very intrigued by Calgary and obviously the beauty of Banff
Minneapolis - The biggest city in the US that I've never been to ever.
Grand Rapids - Will visit during Art Prize someday.
Boise - Want to go check out that blue field at Boise State!
Memphis - Beale Street please! Also want to ride the historic streetcar.
Upper Peninsula - Don't know where, but I'm curious about the lifestyle and natural beauty up here.
Alaska - Obvious reasons...want to see the cities, the national parks, the indigenous people and the beautiful river/ocean views.
American Samoa - Curious about the culture...as the highest concentration of future NFL players.
Smith Island (MD) and Tangier (VA) - I think I saw some kind of story on TV years ago and have since been real curious about this completely different world just 100 miles from DC.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,888,856 times
Hawaii: Not a city, but I don't know enough about it to pick one city and I'd rather be in a smaller, more resort type or small town area than a larger city like Honolulu anyway.

Alaska: See above. But Anchorage does seem wonderful. Barrow is also on my list to visit, but I don't know if I could handle it. I have a very strong interest in Barrow, Alaska for some reason.

Sedona, Arizona (and surrounding areas)

San Francisco, California

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands: This should count, as it's a U.S. territory. I want to travel to the Virgin Islands someday as I love the Caribbean and tropical culture and of course the beaches. I think it would be neat to visit a place like this that is technically part of the U.S.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,799,189 times
In no particular order:

Nashville: I love country music, so it would be a fun place to visit. Would love to see the Grand Ol' Opry and the Country Music Hall Of Fame. Visiting different Honky Tonk bars would be cool and interesting.

New York City: This is an obvious one for me. Where to begin...Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, TV show tapings, countless museums, etc. I think just being there would be thrilling.

Washington DC: The nations capitol. There is so much to see and so much history.

New Orleans: Interesting culture that is very different from the rest of the US.

San Francisco: Alcatraz, Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge, Wine Country, The Painted Ladies, etc.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 AM

335 posts, read 970,706 times
In no particular order:

Seattle
Milwaukee
Honolulu
Providence
Boise
Nashville
Santa Fe
Minneapolis

Old 07-19-2013, 11:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,151,962 times
All the US Territories, for beaches and weather and scenery. Just a 'lax vacation.
Alaska. Haven't been since I was a baby.
Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, since I also haven't been as a baby.
Pretty much all Canadian major cities besides Toronto (where I plan to live), as I've already been twice, but would definitely love to go again.

Key West for obvious reasons
I'd like to spend more time in the Bay Area, NYC and Chicago as well
Never been to Boston, but would love to visit.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:31 PM

anyone else?

I know most of you out there must have some city in North America you haven't been to but are itching to see.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:59 PM

12,385 posts, read 28,391,021 times
Some I haven't been to yet. Portland, ME, Honolulu, HI, Santa Fe, NM, Ft Collins, CO, Anchorage, Alaska. I've been to most big cities I've wanted to see.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:26 PM

2,423 posts, read 4,296,184 times
I will say I have visited most large cities in the U.S., but here are the ones on my bucket list:

Seattle
Portland (both of em)
Denver
Austin
Philly
Vancouver
Victoria
Montreal
Quebec City

Other than that I have seen all the other major U.S. cities in the U.S. and Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City