Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWayToMemphis View Post
New Orleans is actually at fifteen. There were three last night/early AM today.
\

That city is a freaking war zone..They should send in the army for a year. That city needs drastic changes. It's history of corruption is too many decades long..They need to overhaul the whole police force and mayors office. There is no way a city with that few people should be having that many murders. I would be ashamed to say that I lived in New Orleans.

I think in a way New Orleans is becoming like a Gary In. Where people are actually proud of the crime. Like a badge of honor. I knew someone who lived there years back. He was a chef. He said that city was very violent back then. This was the eighties..What a sad shame..

Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,572,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Born View Post
And why would I be crying about the murder rate falling from 2006.
Because some people on C-D are perennially sour and confrontational all the time. Im ever so glad that doesnt describe you tho(coughs).

Quote:
I mentioned something about Oakland, and predictably...
Yes, your very predictable-I agree 100%.

Shame on me for falling into your trap.

Quote:
like you always do, you came in like the knight in hispanic armour, to "save" Oakland from those meanies that point out facts. I never even addressed you initially, actually. I addressed Oakland.
Yes, and a real Oaklander addressed you back with an update. Im 'sorry' to report that the since the arbitrary date of 2006 you picked, Oakland has actually gottens safer. My apologies.

Also, it pains me to report that the New York Times ranked Oakland number 5 in its list of The Top 45 Places in the World to See in 2012
The 45 Places to Go in 2012 - NYTimes.com

Old 01-19-2012, 10:46 AM

832 posts, read 1,256,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
\

That city is a freaking war zone..They should send in the army for a year. That city needs drastic changes. It's history of corruption is too many decades long..They need to overhaul the whole police force and mayors office. There is no way a city with that few people should be having that many murders. I would be ashamed to say that I lived in New Orleans.

I think in a way New Orleans is becoming like a Gary In. Where people are actually proud of the crime. Like a badge of honor. I knew someone who lived there years back. He was a chef. He said that city was very violent back then. This was the eighties..What a sad shame..
Katrina didn' do a good job I guess.. just bomb the whole place becase it is not by changing the mayor that things will change... you need to get rid of the criminal..& end Treme who makes peoples think NO is a grea city...

Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,950,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Katrina didn' do a good job I guess.. just bomb the whole place becase it is not by changing the mayor that things will change... you need to get rid of the criminal..& end Treme who makes peoples think NO is a grea city...
You seem like a really cool guy, one who would never take advantage of somone in a weak position.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,950,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
\

How you have so much rep is beyond me. Nobody here is proud of the crime. And our idiotic "Chocolate City" mayor is long gone. Laughed out of town.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 PM

902 posts, read 2,789,277 times
Flint, Michigan is at 6 for the year so far.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,568,850 times
25 in Philly so far this year.

Last year there were 24.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 AM

832 posts, read 1,256,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
25 in Philly so far this year.

Last year there were 24.
what's wrong with this city? Is there a secret plan to wipe out all philly resident? & whi isn't the goverment putting more effort in combating crime & guns instead of killing peoples in iraq & arresting the megaupload guy? Because as far as I know, gun violence n usa kills more americans in a single year than any iraqi psycho did in the history but yet hey put much money doing that...
Movies are more important than lives because they put lot of energy tracking down the magaupload guy than they do taking gunz out of the streets...

Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 AM

2,599 posts, read 4,663,465 times
Default Boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
what's wrong with this city? Is there a secret plan to wipe out all philly resident? & whi isn't the goverment putting more effort in combating crime & guns instead of killing peoples in iraq & arresting the megaupload guy? Because as far as I know, gun violence n usa kills more americans in a single year than any iraqi psycho did in the history but yet hey put much money doing that...
Movies are more important than lives because they put lot of energy tracking down the magaupload guy than they do taking gunz out of the streets...
There's a bigger picture to all that my friend. And it isn't pretty.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:36 AM

20,518 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
There's a bigger picture to all that my friend. And it isn't pretty.
Yep..Though cities that are more populous than Philadelphia like Houston and LA are making great strides to combat the violence. I think the crime in Philadelphia is holding back it's potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City