Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 PM

7 posts, read 8,611 times

Advertisements

Which city offers the most?

Scenery:
removed
Transit:
Urbanity:
Education (K-12):
Education (College):
Shopping:
Diversity:
Architecture:
removed (see room stickies)
Parks:

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-23-2011 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM

342 posts, read 912,526 times
LOL LOL LOL Baltimore vs. Buffalo!! I would retire to buffalo but as a young vibrant person I would take Baltimore all day and not because it's my hometown!! buffalo definitely has a better scenery but Baltimore is more of a city!, larger, more vibrant, and just more things to do!! It's not the greatest thing on earth but better than buffalo and definitely a stronger economy with more jobs!! Baltimore city schools suck but it has some of the best private schools in the country and some very good colleges Johns Hopkins, Loyola, UMBC, etc. Baltimore definitely has more crime than Buffalo but Buffalo is far from pleasant!!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:54 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,348,090 times
Scenery:I would have to give this one to Buffalo thanks to Niagara Falls
Transit:Baltimore by a lightyear, being close to DC and in the BOS-WASH corridor is always a great thing
Urbanity: Baltimore, few cities can pass up Baltimore in this aspect
Education (K-12): I am not sure but I assume public education in both cities is atrocious
Education (College):John Hopkins and University of Maryland College Park alone are enough to put Baltimore comfortable ahead without even considering the schools in D.C.
Shopping:see transit
Diversity:I have to go with Baltimore here
Architecture:I personally like Baltimore better but this is a very subjective preference
Parks:Buffalo thanks to Niagara Falls but I really enjoy Federal Hill in Baltimore along with the other Beautiful parks in the city
Location:Baltimore by a longshot, being on the I-95 corridor is a big plus
Jobs:Baltimore thanks in part to D.C

Overall I like Baltimore better, but I do believe that Buffalo is often overlooked and provides a better quality of life than many sunbelt cities do

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM

93,289 posts, read 123,898,066 times
I'd give Buffalo perhaps a slight edge in k-12 education, due to having some solid to high achieving HS's. Diversity I give to Buffalo too. University of MD isn't even in the Baltimore area. With that said, due to Johns Hopkins, Baltimore gets the edge. Buffalo actually has a rail line, but I'd give Baltimore the edge. Buffalo's unemployment rate is in the 7's. So, it may depend on one's line of work. There is shopping around Niagara Falls and in parts of the city of Buffalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City