Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 PM

32 posts, read 31,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Wow, you mean that LA is such a huge part of Asian culture that it's overflowed into Taiwan now??

He was born in LA and went to high school in Palo Alto, rofl.
..and now he plays for a New York team, making his name permanently connected to New York. And he played for Harvard, an East Coast school.

I think California is pretty racist toward Asians, considering that neither Stanford nor UCLA wanted to let Lin play for them, and worse is Golden State cut him.

That's why as the song goes "New York..concrete jungle where dreams are made of..." He tried to make his dreams in California, and he was rejected. So now he is making them come true.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,786,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1poster View Post
..and now he plays for a New York team, making his name permanently connected to New York. And he played for Harvard, an East Coast school.

I think California is pretty racist toward Asians, considering that neither Stanford nor UCLA wanted to let Lin play for them, and worse is Golden State cut him.

That's why as the song goes "New York..concrete jungle where dreams are made of..." He tried to make his dreams in California, and he was rejected. So now he is making them come true.
LOL.

That's why we have more of them than anywhere else in the US, yes.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,536,780 times
Quote:

Yes. The Golden State Warriors' cutting Jeremy Lin makes CA racist towards Asians. More of this, please.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 PM

515 posts, read 982,946 times
Quote:

Intelligence, fail.

The Bay Area has more asians per capita then anywhere else in the country.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 PM

31,938 posts, read 34,477,504 times
How likely is it that the NYC metro will have more Asians than any other city by the next Census?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:13 PM

32 posts, read 31,481 times
Yeah, because it isn't because of the California the Chinese Exclusion Act was passed. Or the lynching of Chinese in Los Angeles in the 1800s. Or the various anti-Asian riots that happened in California in the 1800s and 1900s. Or to the modern day, the lack of protection the LAPD has against innocent Korean shopowners during the LA riots. Yeah, sure.

How about Prop. 209 that would've denied Asians spots in any UC? That never happened on the East Coast. So please.

You guys do realize that never happened anywhere on the East Coast, even though New York has had a Chinatown almost as long as San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How likely is it that the NYC metro will have more Asians than any other city by the next Census?
Given the extreme rapidity that Asians are leaving California, probably already does now.

Why would Asians want to live there? None of my Asian friends don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Yes. The Golden State Warriors' cutting Jeremy Lin makes CA racist towards Asians. More of this, please.
Yeah, Lin wasn't even allowed to play for his hometown team, not like the Warriors were ever good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Intelligence, fail.

The Bay Area has more asians per capita then anywhere else in the country.
Hawaii? LOL! Unless Hawaii turned into West California and I haven't realized it yet...

Last edited by No1poster; 02-13-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Lin wasn't even allowed to play for his hometown team, not like the Warriors were ever good.
Because a guaranteed NBA roster spot is every Americans' Constitutional right.

I guess that makes the Knicks racist against internet trolls.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM

902 posts, read 1,072,081 times
That's like saying Detroit is racist towards black because some blacks were lynched there during the 1940's. Even though Detroit's damn near 90% black.

It's all between NYC, LA, and Bay area, and I never been to Bay area or LA, so my experiences with Asians only pertains to the NYC area. And to be honest, I've never been overwhelmed by Asians here. I've seen them, but nowhere besides some Chinatowns were I overwhelmed by them.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Deja vu, all over again. All we know for now is NY is FAR behind the Bay Area per capita. Of secondary importance.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM

31,938 posts, read 34,477,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Deja vu, all over again. All we know for now is NY is FAR behind the Bay Aarea per capita. Of secondary importance.
LOL. But NYC is ahead of the Bay Area in...drum roll, please.........

Raw numbers!

And it is likely to pass LA, too, making it the Asian capital of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City