Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: better city to live?
Cleveland 34 42.50%
New Orleans 46 57.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

If you work in the healthcare industry Cleveland is by far the better choice over New Orleans.
New Orleans' medical district predicts 5.6 milllion sq ft in total hospital, academic, and office development. That's more than Wash U in St. Louis and University of Chicago Medical Center. None of the other top 10 medical centers have 2 hospitals (University Medical Center and VA), as well as 4 university partners (Tulane, LSU, Xavier, and Delgado). While this is optimistic as far as square footage, with this amount of investment, medical jobs will be plenty in the coming years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 PM

640 posts, read 1,225,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
There's 20 times the culture in New Orleans as there is in Cleveland, not to mention Cincinnati and the rest of the state? Laughable. Absolutely laughable.
LOL, Ohio is possibly the most uncultured, boring, state in the country with absolutely no sense of history and place.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
LOL, Ohio is possibly the most uncultured, boring, state in the country with absolutely no sense of history and place.
huh?? Is this a statement or joke? I'm so confused now.

Last edited by costello_musicman; 02-09-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Quote:
OK, and with that this thread has jumped the shark. Kind of hard to take you or your statement seriously.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:29 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Wouldn't go that far.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:33 PM

640 posts, read 1,225,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
OK, and with that this thread has jumped the shark. Kind of hard to take you or your statement seriously.
Kind of like when people spew things like "we all know NOLA has the french quarter and bourbon but there's nothing else!!!"

I'm simply using everyone else on this forum's logic. Just spew info about a place that you know nothing about. I simply cannot understand why just because NOLA is known for mardi gras, bourbon street, or creole food that people forget that this is a cosmopolitan city with real people who live here.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:37 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,154 times
Love that Mark Twain quote. I'd take New Orleans in a heartbeat over Cleveland.

New Orleans advantages: Preferable climate. More interesting nightlife. Better food. Better music. More attractive architecture. Great parks. Strong sense of community. (and for me closer to family).

Cleveland Advantages: Lower crime rate. MLB.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post

New Orleans advantages: Preferable climate. More interesting nightlife. Better food. Better music. More attractive architecture. Great parks. Strong sense of community. (and for me closer to family).

Cleveland might have a lower crime rate, but none of these cities scream safe to me... I drove through one of the worst ghettos I've ever seen in Cleveland.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post

You'd think that with your name, you might have mentioned food

Po' boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I'm going to go get one right now. Let's hope I can find an open shop.

edit: this is the second time in about five posts I've had to do this:

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
You'd think that with your name, you might have mentioned food

Po' boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I'm going to go get one right now. Let's hope I can find an open shop.

edit: this is the second time in about five posts I've had to do this:
Hey, Cleveland has its own nifty sandwich thing too!

Polish Boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City