Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 PM

11 posts, read 20,565 times

Advertisements

I have been researching places to move in the northwest and these towns are on my short list. I need a place with relatively inexpensive rental or rent to own housing, one with nursing homes where i would most likely work, and a mecca for hummingbirds. I'd like a place cooler and less sunny than Oklahoma, yet not completely cloudy all winter long. Ideally i could stand more rainy days than we have in Oklahoma.

Walla Walla seems to fit the bill nicely, but in some respects La Grande looks even better. From all accounts it is the less expensive of the two. La Grande seems to be cooler overall, but have more winter sun. All great. Can someone tell me whether La Grande has one or more nursing homes? And if anybody out there has hummingbird feeders at home I'd love to hear what species frequent them and for how long during the season? Anything else contrasting the two towns would also be interesting. Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City