Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM

7,269 posts, read 10,588,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Your forgetting also about steel which is what made Pittsburgh become a city and the development of north eastern cities like NYC possible. Or the fact that the appalachian mountains go through 3/4 of Pennsylvania and that the cultural similarities between New York State end at the Appalachian region of New York. After that you are getting into more of a New England or great lakes cultural area.
Well, our state still does indeed border a great lake, so I'd imagine PA still has bits of that cultural "zone," as well.

Also, I've seen that map many times, and it is a somewhat conservative boundary for the Appalachians. Last I checked, the Appalachian trail goes all the way up to Maine.

At any rate, I'm not trying to make the argument that PA and NY are exactly alike -- clearly they're not. Still, there are many parallels between both states in terms of their histories and cultural attributes, particularly in terms of our smaller, post-industrial cities.

Last edited by Duderino; 04-04-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM

100 posts, read 189,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
I feel you, bro!

Just the very fact that each and every state thinks they can Voltron together to even ATTEMPT to compete with our state says it ALL!

Oh let me count the ways in which you STILL fall short. And we're not even the biggest. Not even close. Just the Best!

And so you east-coasties don't get it twisted, an east-coaster started this thread. And I can go find a dozen or more iterations of this (CA vs. X# of Bullsh*t states) started by you guys if you like.

Cali is NOT having this conversation! Period.
Yeah I agree , Its not like us Californians are the one's starting these polls. Yet for some resson, we get blamed as if its our ego? haha lol, I havent been on this forum for a while, but it feels like nothing has changed!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,766,508 times
Most people living in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, or any other state don't really give about these idiotic coastal wars. Just go outside and enjoy your cities people!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
As a New Jersey representative on this site; I would just like to say, I don't care.
NYC & Philly can speak for themselves. Leave NJ out of it.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM

121 posts, read 295,068 times
The most important thing going for CA is probably the mild weather. But i do feel the diversity in CA is in landscapes whereas in the Northeast, the diversity is in the climate which means variation in the scenery around you...I believe that is beautiful in its own way.

Cities of the Northeast with combination of state of the art and historical architecture are hard to beat in my opinion...also they are easily accessible.

I do feel though that the pacific coastline highway is one of the best drives in the country...

Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,155 times
Speaking for New York (City) if I can, we don't need to add anything to our state. Half of the time people from upstate hate us as it is. . . so we're good, we'll keep our dysfunctional city and state ties the way it is. A person from NY didn't make this thread. Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
As a New Jersey representative on this site; I would just like to say, I don't care.
NYC & Philly can speak for themselves. Leave NJ out of it.
Trust me, you can stay on the other side of the river as well.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,290 times
Trust me, you can stay on the other side of the river as well. [/quote]

This thread is STILL Going???? Wow! & it's gotten Dumber by the day... This foolishness posted above is just enough to lock it at this point.

Nexxxxt!

Old 04-07-2012, 07:01 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post

This thread is STILL Going???? Wow! & it's gotten Dumber by the day... This foolishness posted above is just enough to lock it at this point.

Nexxxxt!
It's been a foolish thread since its inception. It's a fantasy question/thread that deserves the silliness it has.

It's always funny though when people come into a thread and cry or whine "Close this junk" as if their post is adding anything that's remotely relevent to the thread. As always, if you don't like the thread why post in it?

My post was a little jab at Jersey, which I always do.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Ahhh.......................... New York playing up to stereotypes & acting as predicted. Shocking I tell you. How ordinary, bland & mind-numbingly unoriginal of you.
NYC, where John Doe gets to lean on his zip code as a way to prop up his vanilla personality.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,124,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
NYC, where John Doe gets to lean on his zip code as a way to prop up his vanilla personality.
ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City