Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 AM

30 posts, read 89,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
In Colorado its:

1) Denver - Its the states capitol and large urban center.

2) Pueblo - Its the economic, culture, and political hub for the "Pueblo Region" that is over 20 counties in 2 states and controls a lot of the states water. Also, with Colorado State University - Pueblo, it is becoming a university town as a alternative to Boulder and Fort Collins.

3) Colorado Springs - Its a military city and the states second largest city but lacks a large region as they are in between Denver and Pueblo.

IS THIS A JOKE???!! WHAT?

How in the world can Pueblo be more important than Colorado Springs???

Colorado Springs:
pop. 645,613 metro
GDP $24,062 million

Pueblo:
pop. 159,477 metro
GDP $3,962 million

This isn't even a debate. How can Pueblo be more important than COS, which is nearly 5x larger?? Colorado Springs' media market is ALL of southern Colorado (including Pueblo). COS media market is the 91st largest in the US. Pueblo doesn't even have it's own media market. COS is also home to one Army post, two Air Force bases, NORAD, the United States Olympic Committee HQ/campus AND the United States Air Force Academy. PLUS, COS is home to two of the largest Christian organizations in the country. What exactly does Pueblo have? An overrated river walk and rusted up steel mills? Again, is this a joke??? Pueblo isn't even the 3rd most important city in Colorado.

The appropriate list goes like this:
1. Denver
2. Colorado Springs
3. Boulder

Oh, BTW...

Boulder:
pop. 293,161 metro
GDP $17,813 million

Pueblo??? Economic hub??? You've got to be kidding me. Keep dreaming. That crusty village you call a city is important to no one, not even to Coloradans.

Last edited by R_U_SERIOUS?; 03-23-2012 at 01:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_U_SERIOUS? View Post
IS THIS A JOKE???!! WHAT?

How in the world can Pueblo be more important than Colorado Springs???

Colorado Springs:
pop. 645,613 metro
GDP $24,062 million

Pueblo:
pop. 159,477 metro
GDP $3,962 million

This isn't even a debate. How can Pueblo be more important than COS, which is nearly 5x larger?? Colorado Springs' media market is ALL of southern Colorado (including Pueblo). COS media market is the 91st largest in the US. Pueblo doesn't even have it's own media market. COS is also home to one Army post, two Air Force bases, NORAD, the United States Olympic Committee HQ/campus AND the United States Air Force Academy. PLUS, COS is home to two of the largest Christian organizations in the country. What exactly does Pueblo have? An overrated river walk and rusted up steel mills? Again, is this a joke??? Pueblo isn't even the 3rd most important city in Colorado.

The appropriate list goes like this:
1. Denver
2. Colorado Springs
3. Boulder

Oh, BTW...

Boulder:
pop. 293,161 metro
GDP $17,813 million

Pueblo??? Economic hub??? You've got to be kidding me. Keep dreaming. That crusty village you call a city is important to no one, not even to Coloradans.
Easy does it there, fella. If you'd been on the CO forums for awhile you'd know that that guy is like a 10th generation Puebloan and genuinely thinks its a top city...a few months ago he said its skyline beat Chicago's...so we take it with a grain of salt! everyone is entitled to their opinion

Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
I see what you are saying but most associate NoVA to DC.

Then "most" are wrong, as those cities are in VA, not DC.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 AM

1,223 posts, read 2,265,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post

Then "most" are wrong, as those cities are in VA, not DC.
Wrong they are, but the association is certainly there.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:54 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Georgia

1) Atlanta
2) Savannah
3) Columbus

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Georgia

1) Atlanta
2) Savannah
3) Columbus
Personally I think Augusta would rank third, but Columbus isn't too far behind and it has its strong points.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I don't think Houston and Dallas are tied. Houston has an obvious leg up on Dallas in importance IMO.
agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Agreed.

And probably 10 years ago, I'd be tempted to put San Antonio over Austin. Austin has really come on strong in the past couple of decades.
Totally agree. Austin has really improved and I see it still on the move while SA I see improving but a lot slower.

SA's umpth is in the millitary, medicine and tourism. The Military presence has increased but the bases are so large and spread out you don't feel the presence of some thing on the move. The same with the Medicine and biotechnology. Improving but the campuses are so spread out and disconnected with the core. In terms of tourism I have seen little change. Most of the Change in SA have been all the new developments along 1604 and areas far out.

Austin on the other hand seems to have noticeable concentrations of improvement. Building growth downtown was phenomenal, the rail has taken off, the improvements just seem more in your face.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,437 times
For my two states;

1. Detroit
2. Grand Rapids
3. Lansing

1. Cincinnati
2. Cleveland
3. Columbus

Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Personally I think Augusta would rank third, but Columbus isn't too far behind and it has its strong points.
Columbus has a much larger corporate presence. It is home to several Fortune 500 and 1000 companies. Also, Fort Benning is one of the largest military installations in the world. Only thing Augusta has more at this time is a larger MSA. Columbus should regain its status as the 2nd largest city in GA soon if not now bc of the BRAC expansion at Fort Benning.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM

896 posts, read 1,169,239 times
For MA
  1. Boston (Cambridge included)
  2. Worcestor
  3. Springfield
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City