Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:26 PM

518 posts, read 448,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
Me thinks you are biased towards American cars or don't really get out much.
This discussion seems hyper focused on American vs. European and overlooks Asian automakers who are becoming the true heavyweights in the auto industry. Honda and Hyundai generally kick the s### out of American cars in the sedan category. American automakers do well in the truck/SUV category but the Asian automakers are even gaining serious ground especially in the SUV category.

Hyundai in particular has been impressive with both the quality and the style of their models in the last few years. Checked out the Sonatas and the Sante Fe models and was very impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
This discussion seems hyper focused on American vs. European and overlooks Asian automakers who are becoming the true heavyweights in the auto industry. Honda and Hyundai generally kick the s### out of American cars in the sedan category. American automakers do well in the truck/SUV category but the Asian automakers are even gaining serious ground especially in the SUV category.

Hyundai in particular has been impressive with both the quality and the style of their models in the last few years. Checked out the Sonatas and the Sante Fe models and was very impressed.
Really?

So you think that A Ford Fusion or a Chevrolet Malibu is below a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord?

I think that you base your opinion on outdated beliefs that have little relevancy to the year 2012.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM

258 posts, read 160,041 times
For the last 16 years i've owned Jaguars. In May i move from the UK to Cincinnati and with my new job i get an Audi. As soon as i get my Ohio licence though i'll be getting myself another Jag.

The Audi will get used for work but when i want to 'go out', it'll be the Jag'. Jaguar, are of course, owned by Ford so are they American cars or European ones as they're all designed and built in Birmingham, England?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Really?

So you think that A Ford Fusion or a Chevrolet Malibu is below a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord?

Absolutely. In 2012. Sure, the gap is closing.

I think that you base your opinion on outdated beliefs that have little relevancy to the year 2012.

Not really, because very few people are out there driving 2012 models of these cars, most are still driving stuff from the earlier 2000s or 1990s, so even in 2012 quality from the last ~20 years is still relevant.
^

Old 03-31-2012, 09:39 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,569,924 times
American only for me, would never consider anything from foreign auto makers.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:47 AM

9 posts, read 10,917 times
Have owned many different makes in my life - European, American and Japanese. Two makes are now on my "never buy again" list - Toyota and Honda. From my experience Toyota and Honda = Crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City