Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
1,374 posts, read 3,248,653 times
Reputation: 872

Advertisements

Here's a very interesting article regarding Cleveland's brand new Convention Center & Medical Mart complex that is undergoing construction in Downtown Cleveland ... The article relates details on how no cost has been spared in creating a "spectacular facility" that will rival others in cities like Chicago and New York City.

It's just a small part of a much bigger picture in Cleveland. It is an important, integral portion of the BUILDING BOOM that is restoring vitality to the city.

http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga-co..._facility.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 PM
 
7,072 posts, read 9,583,580 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Here's a very interesting article regarding Cleveland's brand new Convention Center & Medical Mart complex that is undergoing construction in Downtown Cleveland ... The article relates details on how no cost has been spared in creating a "spectacular facility" that will rival others in cities like Chicago and New York City.

It's just a small part of a much bigger picture in Cleveland. It is an important, integral portion of the BUILDING BOOM that is restoring vitality to the city.

MMPI releases Cleveland medical mart interior renderings, upholds promise of 'first-class' facility | cleveland.com

Do you mean "no taxpayer money has been spared..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
1,374 posts, read 3,248,653 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Do you mean "no taxpayer money has been spared..."
Whatever it takes to bring prosperity back to our city and region
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
3,844 posts, read 9,265,558 times
Reputation: 1645
The construction is happening in all capacities, including the very successful public-private partnerships.

Here's a list I've been keeping tabs on: //www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...ns-84.html#836
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 PM
 
7,072 posts, read 9,583,580 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Whatever it takes to bring prosperity back to our city and region

Steal from the working people to fund welfare projects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: In the heights
37,040 posts, read 39,128,445 times
Reputation: 21081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Steal from the working people to fund welfare projects?
yes, every man for himself, make as much money out of the current framework as possible and don't give an inch and then be shocked when that framework breaks down. AMAZED AND AMAZING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 PM
 
7,072 posts, read 9,583,580 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
yes, every man for himself, make as much money out of the current framework as possible and don't give an inch and then be shocked when that framework breaks down. AMAZED AND AMAZING!
I guess all that money taxpayers HAVE BEEN PAYING TO MAINTAIN CURRENT INFRASTRUCTURE has now been diverted. That streetcar to nowhere in Cincinnati is another prime example of tax and spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
 
865 posts, read 1,468,944 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
That streetcar to nowhere in Cincinnati is another prime example of tax and spend.
Oh man you're right. I can't find Downtown Cincinnati or it's most rapidly improving neighborhood anywhere on my map!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,530 posts, read 5,011,112 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I guess all that money taxpayers HAVE BEEN PAYING TO MAINTAIN CURRENT INFRASTRUCTURE has now been diverted. That streetcar to nowhere in Cincinnati is another prime example of tax and spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
Oh man you're right. I can't find Downtown Cincinnati or it's most rapidly improving neighborhood anywhere on my map!
Maybe nothing more than a ride on one of Cincinnati's futuristic, Spanish-designed streetcars as it winds it way around the city's revitalized CBD and riverfront development might help change ram2 from a doubter into a believer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 06:03 AM
 
7,072 posts, read 9,583,580 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Maybe nothing more than a ride on one of Cincinnati's futuristic, Spanish-designed streetcars as it winds it way around the city's revitalized CBD and riverfront development might help change ram2 from a doubter into a believer...

When there is a reason to go shopping, dining, etc people will come. That is not the case now. A streetcar going in circles is not going to bring people in from Mason, Lebanon, Loveland....Cincy had more downtown 30 years ago than it does now. 5-star restaurants, some good bars (Flanagan's), The Old Spaghetti Factory....What does it have now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top