Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,217 times

Advertisements

Miami Atlanta LA NY and Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM

119 posts, read 215,277 times
Busan, South Korea
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Goa, India (not a city, I know)
Portland, Oregon
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,896 times
1. Salt Lake City - Spent my early youth their (10+ years), moving from my birthplace of Denver. Was a great place to "be a kid". We lived in the Olympus Hills area which backs up to the Wasatch National Forest. Trail riding, mini-bikes, camping, exploring.

2. Colorado Springs - Currently live here. Moved down from Denver 14 years ago. Love the access to recreational activities and the natural beauty, second only to Salt Lake from my personal perspective.

3. Denver - Larger city that's hard to beat, at least in the RM West, in terms of amenities, activities and culture. Also for its size, a very clean, livable area.

4. Billings, MT - Nice, small town feel. Lots of things to do outdoors. Winters are cold but not unbearable.

5. Alamosa, CO - Went to college there. Isolated, something that can be a blessing and a curse. No traffic jams, pollution or crime. Winters can be downright miserable; Fairbanks cold!

Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 PM

10,640 posts, read 16,021,486 times
Top 5 (Visited):
1.Tokyo
2.New York City
3.London
4.Bangkok
5.Paris

Top 5 Not visited yet (not in order):
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Rio de Janeiro
Rome
Hong Kong

Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,483 times
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Austin, Miami

Old 08-04-2014, 01:08 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCArch View Post
Back to the States:

To me, Los Angeles is one of the most boring and disappointing cities in the country. It is on the absolute bottom of my list. It is big, the air is dirty, traffic sucks, the touristy areas are crowded and expensive, and there are several parts of the city that are stuck up that shouldn't be. The beaches are much cleaner in San Diego. The only time I have to be in L.A. is when I have to drive through in order to get to San Francisco.

Before you bash other cities, maybe you should check them out, as it would seem that the only thing you do is fly between L.A. and New York. You don;t know what you are missing.

Be respectful, as its a lot faster to fly over Los Angeles than it is to drive through it
Busch league response in hating on LA.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,642,248 times
Favorite 3 I have lived in (can't give a top 5 without getting into the places I wasn't crazy about living in like Trenton or Syracuse):

1. London
2. Los Angeles
3. Washington DC

Favorite 5 I have lived in or visited:

1. London
2. New York
3. Paris
4. Los Angeles
5. Barcelona

Old 01-19-2015, 09:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,637 times
My top 5 favorite bigger cities in the US.

New York
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Seattle
Miami

My top 5 favorite smaller cities in the US.

Bozeman
Santa Barbara
Portland (Maine)
Homer
Monterey

I assume I would really like Portland Oregon but I haven't been there.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:34 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,517,044 times
Top 5 Major Cities in North America to Visit:
San Francisco
New York
Chicago
Vancouver
Mexico City

Top 5 Major Cities in North America Where I'd Hope to Live:
Minneapolis
Montreal
Louisville
Toronto
Philadelphia

Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,624,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCArch View Post
Back to the States:

To me, Los Angeles is one of the most boring and disappointing cities in the country. It is on the absolute bottom of my list. It is big, the air is dirty, traffic sucks, the touristy areas are crowded and expensive, and there are several parts of the city that are stuck up that shouldn't be. The beaches are much cleaner in San Diego. The only time I have to be in L.A. is when I have to drive through in order to get to San Francisco.

Before you bash other cities, maybe you should check them out, as it would seem that the only thing you do is fly between L.A. and New York. You don;t know what you are missing.

Be respectful, as its a lot faster to fly over Los Angeles than it is to drive through it
Totally agree on LA. Overrated, dirty, underwhelming. There's no there, *there*. Getting back on topic...

Top 5 cities, in rough order...

Chicago
London
NYC
Paris
PortlandAnnArbor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City