Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Capital of Hispanic America?
Dallas 4 1.70%
Denver 4 1.70%
Houston 16 6.81%
LA 109 46.38%
Miami 115 48.94%
San Antonio 25 10.64%
San Diego 10 4.26%
Other 18 7.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,789,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
e

Maybe Houston or Dallas in the future,maybe..
I agree. Especially with all the people from Florida and California moving to TX. The problem with LA is that it has alot of Mexicans and the problem with Miami is that it doesn't have enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
I voted Los Angeles but it is really a toss up IMO between LA and Miami. Miami probably has more diversity and wins when it comes to Caribbean and South American nationalities while LA has more Mexicans and Central Americans.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM

771 posts, read 1,395,214 times
LA over Miami? I don't think so. While Miami lacks Mexicans it has plenty of Central Americans, South Americans, and Caribbean people. LA is predominantly Mexican, with some Central Americans. Now if the question was Capital of Mexican populations, hands down it would be LA. But if you are referring to Hispanics in general, it is hands down Miami.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
I would say New York because it has the greatest diversity of Hispanics.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...erica-u-s.html

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM

771 posts, read 1,395,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I would say New York because it has the greatest diversity of Hispanics.
It might, but it has nowhere near the Hispanic influence that Miami does. I mean Miami is literally the gateway to Latin America (with the exception of Mexico) and also the capital of Latin American media. Yes, New York has a big population, but when you step foot in Miami you sometimes feel as if you are in Latin America. I will never forget when I went to a Target in Miami and I felt like I was literally in Puerto Rico or something. Everyone on the speakers was talking in Spanish, everyone was Latino in the store as well.

Anyone who doesn't say Miami really does not know enough of it's influence nor has been there. LA is probably second, but Miami still dominates.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM

573 posts, read 1,360,622 times
LA by miles

i agree miami has the most caribbean nationalities, but LA has the most Mexicans and Central Americans

both have tons of South Americans

im from Mexico and people who look to move to the United States look to los Angeles not Miami or anyother same goes for central americans

Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
It might, but it has nowhere near the Hispanic influence that Miami does. I mean Miami is literally the gateway to Latin America (with the exception of Mexico) and also the capital of Latin American media. Yes, New York has a big population, but when you step foot in Miami you sometimes feel as if you are in Latin America. I will never forget when I went to a Target in Miami and I felt like I was literally in Puerto Rico or something. Everyone on the speakers was talking in Spanish, everyone was Latino in the store as well.

Anyone who doesn't say Miami really does not know enough of it's influence nor has been there. LA is probably second, but Miami still dominates.
This is true, but I think this guy's post pretty much sums up my sentiment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

Best post in this thread.

I'm Dominican and I sure as hell wouldn't feel comfortable in LA, El Paso, etc ..Dominican and Mexican culture are totally different.

As for Miami, yeah I guess I would be a little more comfortable just because of the carribean influence....but at the end of the day, Miami is Cuban with others sprinkled in.

That is why I belive NYC is the capital of Hispanic culture in the US. WHy you ask?

You're Puerto Rican? Head over to the south Bronx, or maybe Spanish Harlem is more to you're liking.....How about the Lower East Side??.naaa I think you're better off in Bushwick!

Hey Dominicano...you're trying to find DR's in the city? So come on over to the west Bronx! but wait what about Washington Heights, Inwood? Ok too much DR culture so lets head on over to West Harlem..eh still too much! so come to Cypress Hills in Brooklyn =]

Hey Mexicano...I know you own most of the country but you don't own nothing here..so know you're role...lol jk jk...plenty of spots for you....Spanish Harlem? Naa you'd probably like it in Sunset Park...Ok what about Corona, Queens? Named after your beer ...

My Colombianos, Perubians, Ecuadorians, and all others you can join us in Jackson Heights, Corona, and Elmhurst. You're culture thrives there!

Blah Blah Blah...

the point im trying to make is that if you're a hispanic......you have a neighborhood in NYC to call your own. Only Cubans are really left out but everyone else has good numbers here. Much better than all of that Mexican stuff and Cuban to a lesser extent.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM

637 posts, read 1,014,661 times
The true answer isn't even here:

New York City.

If not NYC, then Miami.

But the capital of ALL Americans is Washington DC, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Miami hands down. LA and NYC would follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City