Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is more influenced by Mexicans and other Hispanics?
California 81 38.76%
Texas 128 61.24%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:39 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,588,706 times

Advertisements

lol I just looked at the votes

California homers voted for Texas
Texas homers voted for California

Those who hate Texas more voted for Texas
Those who hate California more voted for California

You guys are ****ing racist. Hispanics aren't cockroaches. They're human beings. Sick ****s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 02:50 PM

6,851 posts, read 10,929,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post

You guys are ****ing racist. Hispanics aren't cockroaches. They're human beings. Sick ****s.
Yeah, it is great that it was an open poll. You know on City-Data, every single other thread there is that the brainless mouth foaming boosters will do their absolute best to depict where they live as number one for everything.

They haven't in this thread and I was thinking the same as you were. It is a racist gesture.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:00 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,710,349 times
What percentage of the Mexican population in California and Texas is foreign born? I assume multi-generation Mexican Americans make up a larger percentage of the population in Texas.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:25 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,399,907 times
Quote:

Well speaking of LA in my experience, the Mexican population is so massive that it greatly marginalizes other minorities especially of the non Mexican latin variety, even though LA is super diverse the Mexican population creates a homogeneous effect throughout the basin with the exception of the upper middle class/wealthy neighborhoods.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Well speaking of LA in my experience, the Mexican population is so massive that it greatly marginalizes other minorities especially of the non Mexican latin variety, even though LA is super diverse the Mexican population creates a homogeneous effect throughout the basin with the exception of the upper middle class/wealthy neighborhoods.
I wouldn't exactly call LA Mexicans a "minority". I live near Wilshire and Western right now, and to be honest, Mexicans feel even less like a foreign element than everything else that I live around (lots of Koreans, increasing numbers of South Asians).

The only reason I stated the above is that "Hispanics" aren't a point of boosterism to the homers, but a negative.

See below

Quote:
Yeah, it is great that it was an open poll. You know on City-Data, every single other thread there is that the brainless mouth foaming boosters will do their absolute best to depict where they live as number one for everything.

They haven't in this thread and I was thinking the same as you were. It is a racist gesture.
Definitely agree with this. People love to brag about the great Mexican food in their area, but the people? Forget it. They aren't human beings. They're trash. That's what I can infer from this thread.

Quote:
What percentage of the Mexican population in California and Texas is foreign born? I assume multi-generation Mexican Americans make up a larger percentage of the population in Texas.
Here you go:

California: 5,426,635 Latin American Born
Texas: 3,107,687 Latin American born

California: 14,719,327 Hispanics
Texas: 10,154,405 Hispanics

California Foreign Born Hispanic: 36.9% foreign born
Texas foreign born Hispanic: 30.6% foreign born

Yes, you'd be correct.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:23 PM

6,851 posts, read 10,929,272 times
Quote:
Definitely agree with this. People love to brag about the great Mexican food in their area, but the people? Forget it. They aren't human beings. They're trash. That's what I can infer from this thread.
City-Data is demographically like 90% white/black and even more of it is seemingly untraveled and/or ignorant about cultures.

Do you think poll results would be the same if there were more Latin Americans and Asians on this forum? Would super white and super black cities be their preference? No. Cities that are popular on this forum are popular for demographic reasons that pertain to the demographics of those that post here.

Ask Latinos in general and their version of "top 10 cities" would look different than the City-Data white/black version.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Do you think poll results would be the same if there were more Latin Americans and Asians on this forum? Would super white and super black cities be their preference? No. Cities that are popular on this forum are popular for demographic reasons that pertain to the demographics of those that post here.
Definitely not. For everyone here who brags about "diversity" and being "inclusive", there sure is a hell a lot of hubris toward the rest of us. I love being treated like a guest in the United States, even though my grandfather fought for the US during WW2. Way to make us feel all included

Just call us subhuman already. I hope it makes your guys' day feel better.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,676,174 times
It's like saying which is more Dakota? North Dakota or South Dakota?

Old 03-29-2015, 09:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,399,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
It's like saying which is more Dakota? North Dakota or South Dakota?
http://youtu.be/v-X3TjkoGm4

Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,485,188 times
In a modern sense, California is more influenced by Mexicans but in a historical sense Texas is more influenced by Mexicans than California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City