Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM

771 posts, read 1,394,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR121 View Post
NYC has better winters, Chicago has better summers but SF is still better than both all year
Yeah but there isn't THAT big of difference. It's like saying L.A. has better winters than San Diego or Vancouver has better summers than Seattle.

NYC's winters are slightly warmer, but nothing drastic. Chicago's summer's are cooler, but NYC's summer are not that much hotter than Chicago's.

SF has the most comfortable weather year round but I wouldn't say it's the best. I like summer days where it's hot outside and I can spend my time at the beach laying out in the sun. I don't think SF has the best weather, rather just the most comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM

896 posts, read 1,168,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Yeah but there isn't THAT big of difference. It's like saying L.A. has better winters than San Diego or Vancouver has better summers than Seattle.

NYC's winters are slightly warmer, but nothing drastic. Chicago's summer's are cooler, but NYC's summer are not that much hotter than Chicago's.

SF has the most comfortable weather year round but I wouldn't say it's the best. I like summer days where it's hot outside and I can spend my time at the beach laying out in the sun. I don't think SF has the best weather, rather just the most comfortable.
LOL you call that a beach? And comfortable weather does not equal best weather? ok whatever you say

Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
LOL you call that a beach? And comfortable weather does not equal best weather? ok whatever you say
Chicago has some very nice beaches.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
How ignorant. You obviously haven't been to beaches of Lake Michigan. I am not saying physically the are more beautiful than California beaches but Chicago has amazing beaches in the summer along with the rest of the Lake Michigan shoreline. Hey and the water is just as cold as SoCal in the summer if not warmer than SoCal towards the end of the summer.

No comfortable weather does not equal best weather. People like hot, cold and everything in between. Just because you have comfortable shoes doesn't mean they are your favorite or the best of the bunch. It just means they are the most comfortable. It's not uncommon to hear people that don't like San Francisco's weather because it's too "cool".

Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Also, what do you mean by "LOL you call that a beach?" because I didn't even mention Chicago beaches when I said that. I was referring to hot beach weather . I never pinpointed to a specific place, just stating the fact that San Francisco doesn't have that kind of weather, the one that would want me to go lay out by the beach. Don't know what beach you thought I was talking about, but I wasn't talking about any specific beach. Read my post again.

The hot beach weather can be anywhere for I care, Miami, NYC, Chicago, Texas, San Diego, Honolulu, Virginia Beach, etc., point is that SF does not get that type of hot beach weather.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
They are both great cities.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 PM

143 posts, read 290,070 times
Love San Francisco! My favorite American city alongside Chicago & New York. Close 4th place to New Orleans.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
I'm a fifth generation NYer who would love to give SF back to Mexico.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I'm a fifth generation NYer who would love to give SF back to Mexico.
You're the exception and not the norm...

Most of the people I got to taking about the West Coast with when I was in NYC, as well as my friends who live there, have a pretty positive opinion of SF. You regularly hear comments like, "if I were going to move to the West Coast, I'd pick San Francisco."

Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
How ignorant. You obviously haven't been to beaches of Lake Michigan. I am not saying physically the are more beautiful than California beaches but Chicago has amazing beaches in the summer along with the rest of the Lake Michigan shoreline. Hey and the water is just as cold as SoCal in the summer if not warmer than SoCal towards the end of the summer.

No comfortable weather does not equal best weather. People like hot, cold and everything in between. Just because you have comfortable shoes doesn't mean they are your favorite or the best of the bunch. It just means they are the most comfortable. It's not uncommon to hear people that don't like San Francisco's weather because it's too "cool".
Agreed, the beaches in NorCal are very scenic and nice to look at but not user friendly at all. The water is freezing cold year round and it's never warm enough to swim in. That's on top of the very dangerous rip currents too. Then of course the weather itself sucks as well; cold, windy, foggy, and rarely makes it out of the 60's, sometimes it won't even make it out of the 50's in the middle of summer. I'd take the beaches around Chicago and the summer weather there any day over the coast here in Northern CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City