Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 5,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
actually I was referring to your lack of Jewish jews, Italians, Irish, Polish, German ext. almost all the whites in SF are all cookie cuter images of one another.

There's no diversity because except for diffrent types of Asians there are no ethnic neighborhoods of any variety. (and most ethnics hate SF (for example the small Russian Jewish community know that SF looks down on them))
Dude, San Francisco has a lot of Asians which means it is the most diverse city! No asians means your city sucks! Dude, I'm tored of San Franciscans bloating about having asians. I wish they would replace the Asians with blacks and I bet SF world class GaWC status would go down by 2 levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
actually I was referring to your lack of Jewish jews, Italians, Irish, Polish, German ext. almost all the whites in SF are all cookie cuter images of one another.

There's no diversity because except for diffrent types of Asians there are no ethnic neighborhoods of any variety. (and most ethnics hate SF (for example the small Russian Jewish community know that SF looks down on them))
I often wondered why San Francisco lacked in blacks. Whats up with that?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 AM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Quote:

Sorry, but... you're so full of it, I'm not gonna bother responding to any of this at any length.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Partner View Post
Dude, San Francisco has a lot of Asians which means it is the most diverse city! No asians means your city sucks! Dude, I'm tored of San Franciscans bloating about having asians. I wish they would replace the Asians with blacks and I bet SF world class GaWC status would go down by 2 levels.
Hm, for someone who's brand new to this site, you sure seem to know uniquely CD-centric hot buttons when it comes to SF - hot button issues that the vast bulk of the US doesn't know or care about - and you boost Philly... Iiiiiiinteresting.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Hm, for someone who's brand new to this site, you sure seem to know uniquely CD-centric hot buttons when it comes to SF, and you boost Philly... Iiiiiiinteresting.
I used to troll this site back in high school, now I'm working and in college. I've never bothered to make an account.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 AM

36,885 posts, read 38,781,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, not really.

Its actually comfortable to cool on the coastline of Southern California most of the time.
That's true, but it's on average warmer for the most part and slightly sunnier. When late July to maybe mid-September rolls around (with patches of this in adjacent months as well), it's pretty much more of the sunbathing sort of culture. Venice is certainly like that, though I think it's funny that a lot of the latin beachgoers keep their shirt on the whole time (in and out of water).

Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,438,031 times
Quote:
I can guarantee you that most NYers if forced to live on the west coast would pick the LA metro which is the closest thing there that even remotely resembles NY in terms of diversity.
Uh. . . the key word is most, though I'm sure that's false. You can't possibly speak for 8 Million people. Or even half of that. Why would I want to live somewhere that 'almost' (barely, if at all) reminds me of home? I could just stay here. And yeah NY is diverse but you can't fault another city if it isn't. NY doesn't have great weather all the time, does that make L.A better? Absolutely not. In the boroughs we don't have much of a nature scene, does that diminish the status of the city? Nope.

Based off of pictures and countless videos and stats 18Montclair and a few others post, SF seems like a cool city I really don't see why people despise it so much. I mean it's funny sometimes, but some of you really jump out the window with the 'insults'.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 PM

637 posts, read 1,006,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Based off of pictures and countless videos and stats 18Montclair and a few others post, SF seems like a cool city I really don't see why people despise it so much. I mean it's funny sometimes, but some of you really jump out the window with the 'insults'.
There's nothing wrong with SF, but I think a lot of posters need to remember that it really only has 800,000. Many of the Bay Area posters need to be reminded that no one thinks about SF in the same way one thinks about cities like NYC, LA, and Chicago. That's the reality of the situation. I've even heard people put Miami over SF in terms of recognition.

SF is a nice cute city, but there is no other 800,000 city in the country that is as overhyped as SF. Jacksonville, Austin, and Indianapolis have around the same population.

Also, the political scene in SF is off putting to the vast majority of people in the United States.

It just seems like a place that needs to be put in its place.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM

2,546 posts, read 3,273,261 times
Quote:
seriously the neighborhoods of NY where people are similar to SF are a minority and with the exception of white Manhattan (well most of it), Brownstone Brooklyn, and a few gentrified neighborhoods in Queens most people in NY have nothing in common with majority of SF. Any neighborhood of SF basically has an equivalent in NY. But most neighborhoods in NY have nothing in common with SF. Try to find any neiberhood in SF that is has any similarities to South Williamsburg, Brighton Beach, Dyker Heights, Brownsville, Grand Concourse ext.

I can guarantee you that most NYers if forced to live on the west coast would pick the LA metro which is the closest thing there that even remotely resembles NY in terms of diversity.
This implies that for most people diversity is the single most important criteria in deciding where to move. How could you possibly come to that conclusion? I mean if you would rather move to LA than SF because it's more Jewish I can understand that -- just like I can understand that a black person might prefer Philly to Boston -- but it has nothing to do with diversity per se, just a natural comfort that people have when they are not in a tiny minority.

Some of the most amazing cities I have ever been to are very racially homogeneous -- Madrid, Tokyo, Buenos Aires. I really don't think most people pick a place based on which one is more "diverse". There are plenty of other, more important, issues.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
There's nothing wrong with SF, but I think a lot of posters need to remember that it really only has 800,000. Many of the Bay Area posters need to be reminded that no one thinks about SF in the same way one thinks about cities like NYC, LA, and Chicago. That's the reality of the situation. I've even heard people put Miami over SF in terms of recognition.

SF is a nice cute city, but there is no other 800,000 city in the country that is as overhyped as SF. Jacksonville, Austin, and Indianapolis have around the same population.

Also, the political scene in SF is off putting to the vast majority of people in the United States.

It just seems like a place that needs to be put in its place.
Well, now we know your motivations... Good luck with that.

Fact of the matter is that one way or another, regardless of its size, SF does enjoy an outsized place in the American lexicon, moreso than Jacksonville, Austin, and Indianapolis. You obviously don't like this, but, it is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City