Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East vs. West
East 57 35.19%
West 87 53.70%
Neither 18 11.11%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 PM

637 posts, read 1,014,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I keep forgetting that you live in the 1800s.

Sorry. I need to take it slower.

Over here, its not just about Blacks and Whites, in fact it might scare you a little to realize that the LA Area and SF Bay Area both do NOT have a racial majority, unlike the Northeast, which is majority White.

One day you'll get there tho.
One day, the West Coast may actually be a decent place for Blacks (and maybe White people) to live. California must be nice when it's lost 400,000 Non-Hispanic Whites and 100,000 Blacks in the past 10 years.

US2010
US2010

DC metro division: 46.4% Non-Hispanic White
NYC metro division: 39.2% Non-Hispanic White

Man, whatever human capital the West Coast has seems to diminishing day by day as the the Northeast, Midwest, and South come up and finally put California back in its place.

State favorability poll - Public Policy Polling

Hahahahah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:34 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
One day, the West Coast may actually be a decent place for Blacks (and maybe White people) to live. California must be nice when it's lost 400,000 Non-Hispanic Whites and 100,000 Blacks in the past 10 years.

US2010
US2010

DC metro division: 46.4% Non-Hispanic White
NYC metro division: 39.2% Non-Hispanic White
LOL

This is cute, but the Northeast is majority White and so is every CSA in the Northeast.

California has no racial majority and neither does its 2 largest CSAs.

Call me back when you get there-in the meantime, Im not really impressed. In the least.

Your still talking about life in black and white-that says it all.

Quote:
Man, whatever human capital the West Coast has seems to diminishing day by day as the the Northeast, Midwest, and South come up and finally put California back in its place.

State favorability poll - Public Policy Polling

Hahahahah!
One day you'll also have enough self esteem to not base your sense of self worth on the opinions of others. I'll pray for you.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
LOL

This is cute, but the Northeast is majority White and so is every CSA in the Northeast.

Call me back when you get there-in the meantime, Im not really impressed. In the least.

Your still talking about life in black and white-that says it all.

One day you'll also have enough self esteem to not base your sense of self worth on the opinions of others. I'll pray for you.
You're on to something. Putting cities/states "in their place". What a bizarre view of self and one's relationship to the world. Just sad.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
LOL

Even though DC metro division is larger than SF MSA, not to mention NYC metro division being almost as large as LA MSA, but lacking a "racial" majority. See, you still think in terms of race, we think in terms of ethnicities. That's how diverse we are out here.

Quote:
Don't worry. I'll let the 1 million American born people who left California in the past 10 years that you send your regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You're on to something. Putting cities/states "in their place". What a bizarre view of self and one's relationship to the world. Just sad.
Out here in the East Coast, we tell it like it is: California is increasingly hated by all social groups in American society.

What made this country great was order and everyone doing their part to make the country stronger, but people out there like to pretend they're the leaders when they are not.

Don't worry though, as less and less economic opportunity comes your way, I'll make sure to call my congressmen to let him know how I feel about bailing you guys out, along with millions of other hard working Americans.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
That's how diverse we are out here.
Its not enough to beat the Bay Area and Im not really impressed by you talking about Black and White segregation...what a laugh.

Quote:
Don't worry. I'll let the 1 million American born people who left California that you send your regards.
Well, considering how the Northeast has been hemorraging millions of people for the last 50 years, its very strange that you are talking about people leaving.

Philadephia's high was 2 Million. Where are you now?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,466 times
Quote:
SF, LA and SD(along with Miami) have the higher minority proportion of $200,000+ households than the Northeast and elsewhere.
DC is not in the northeast

Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
DC is not in the northeast
That's right. Thank you for reminding me.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,466 times
Quote:
That's right. Thank you for reminding me.
I dont want to get caught up in this argument because I think both halves of the country offer equal but different things but I just had to make that correction. Places like Rochester, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and even Philly have nothing in common with DC for its diversity. Thankfully

Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Its not enough to beat the Bay Area and Im not really impressed by you talking about Black and White segregation...what a laugh.
Really? DC doesn't beat out the Bay Area?

DC metro division segregation
Black-White: 64.1 (Rank 17)
Hispanic-White: 48.1 (Rank 21)
Asian-White: 36.5 (Rank 28)

Oakland Metro Division segregation
Black-White: 56.6 (Rank 29)
Hispanic-White: 48.3 (Rank 20)
Asian-White: 42.3 (Rank 14)

If I were Hispanic or Asian, the stats are clear where I'd want to move and raise my family. If I were Black, I'd want to be around a region that actually has Black people (and a diverse one at that).

I know, California: What a laugh!

Consider apologizing to the 1,107 victims of hate crime in California in 2010:
http://ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publications/h.../preface10.pdf

Including 275 in the all tolerant, all knowing Bay Area (25% of all CA hate crimes were in the Bay Area, while only 20% of CA lives in the Bay Area)

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
I'm black, live near DC, but I can guaran-damn-tee you that the DC area, particularly inside the beltway, is mad segregated and most non-blacks are not fond of blacks, despite their income level. The only reason why DC isn't on the Nations Most Segregated cities list is because they pull in racial demographics of Montgomery, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties.

And comparing DC to East-Coast and Midwest capetbagged SF and LA doesn't prove anything. Compare DC to the likes of SD, the East Bay Area, Sacramento, and Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City