Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 03:04 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
So true.

Is it still like that? How precious.
I suppose. CalTrans gave up posting road signs pointing to Bolinas because the locals didn't want anybody knowing where it was, so they kept taking the signs down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,828,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
WOW, now that's some highly scientific and thorough research you did there.

Facebook? Your sample size is one person? It's settled then, all Seattle-ites are obviously the most humourless, overly PC, unfriendly people ever. Someone call Stephen Hawking, there's a new genius in town.
You hit the nail right on the head.. Seattle is the most frozen, pretentious, unfriendly and PC city in USA.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:26 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
I suppose. CalTrans gave up posting road signs pointing to Bolinas because the locals didn't want anybody knowing where it was, so they kept taking the signs down.
Wait, is that really true?

Old 04-21-2018, 12:00 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Wait, is that really true?
It is, and they'll even slash your tires too, if they suspect that you're not from there.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:08 PM

828 posts, read 647,741 times
Top two are Seattle or Minneapolis. San Fran ain't great either from what I've seen, but others will probably disagree with me on this.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:01 PM

154 posts, read 160,733 times
There is not a specific 'city' to me . but in my experience people from Long Island, The Bronx and parts of Hudson County, NJ are The rudest to me. They think the sun shines around NYC in everything.... Long Islanders are also obsessed with bagels and will make you know it and tell you whatever you have is wrong!

Outside that... Miami is unwelcoming to outsiders... and it seemed their is racial tensions there. Orlando a lot of people did not like to get to know their neighbors... One of my neighbors commitsuicide and noone knew for ~3-4 weeks because noone made an effort to socialize.

Brooklyn NYC, Oswego, NY and all over Greater Boston have been the MOST wlecoming cities, because I have felt the 'at home' feeling in both just from a few visits, let alone living there.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:03 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,066 times
I heard from many people Seattle but Cincinnati and St Louis are common responses as well.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:37 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
St Louis and Chicago were most unfriendly in my experience. I travel a lot out west, except I haven’t been to Seattle. I find people aren’t really rude, like my experiences in St Louis and Chicago, but people really keep to themselves. I don’t think there is a rudeness engrained in the culture.

That said, most people are friendly everywhere else I have been. The level of outgoingness is highly relative though.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:20 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,910 times
SF.

No body is from there.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
When I moved to Seattle I found them to be the most friendly and the nicest most down to earth people of any place I have ever lived. When I moved in the neighbors brought over cakes pies and homemade bread. Many of us became lifelong friends. I remember I was having a Christmas party and I ran into one of the local news reporters in Nordstrom downtown. I invited her and she showed up with an angel ornament for my tree. She even helped us clean up hours later. People always struck up conversations at the neighborhood coffee house. Seattle people are cool in my book.
The worst to me is and always will be Washington DC. Stuck up, aloof, antisocial. Or if they are social it's about what degree you have, where you live and what you drive. I know we should all take pride on where we live but they're always bragging about how great 'the DMV' (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is and everywhere else is below DC. I'm so glad I left that swamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City