Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado Springs vs New York City vs San Diego
Colorado Springs 11 20.00%
New York City 26 47.27%
San Diego 18 32.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:17 AM

84 posts, read 86,958 times

Advertisements

I'm sure everyone knows which one I would pick.

These are three very different cities, and I'm not sure where to even begin. I have been to all three, lived in SD my entire life, and all three offer great things. SD has always been rated high in every poll ever taken, and is the perfect place to live every stage of your life. I have never met single person to date that hates San Diego. It is an awesome city, and when you add the close proximity to LA, you have every avenue in the world open to you. The only drawback; the expense. But I make far less than six figures, and have a very happy life here. But like I said. I can't really compare, because they are soooo different. You don't come to SD looking for what CS, and NYC have to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 AM

46 posts, read 113,279 times
have lived in CS for about 9 years...the city has grown exponentially with much sprawl and the ensuing traffic problems..areas surrounding CS are beautiful..however, if one enjoys being around water, this is not the place...it is high desert and dry...winters can occassionally be brutal, but not often...one other important consideration - CS is very conservative and many are in the military, retired from the military, or dependents of military personnel...hi tech industry used to be important economic factor.. however, many hi tech jobs have left, including Intel (1400 jobs) and other smaller hi tech companies...defense contracting is huge here, with many jobs available if one has security clearance....I will be moving within the year to be closer to the Atlantic Ocean (NC, SC, VA) either in retirement or Civil Service job...good luck

Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM

86 posts, read 499,672 times
Which do you prefer?

El Paso, TX
Anchorage, AK
Boston, MA

I think this comparison makes just as much sense lol

Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,815 times
I chose NYC and thats becaue I like an energetic city with lots of different things to offer, and a superior nightlife.

I have never seen Colorado Springs and dont really wish to see it. (no offense)

San Diego seems really nice and cool from what you see on the internet and other sources, but if you like a city with a GREAT, vibrant night life this is not your city. On the other hand if you like nice beaches and want to raise a "good" family while living in a city then this would be a good choice. San Diego is very relaxed and its growing but nothing to REALLY change its image.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 AM

84 posts, read 86,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I chose NYC and thats becaue I like an energetic city with lots of different things to offer, and a superior nightlife.

I have never seen Colorado Springs and dont really wish to see it. (no offense)

San Diego seems really nice and cool from what you see on the internet and other sources, but if you like a city with a GREAT, vibrant night life this is not your city. On the other hand if you like nice beaches and want to raise a "good" family while living in a city then this would be a good choice. San Diego is very relaxed and its growing but nothing to REALLY change its image.
Sure we aren't a New York, by any means. But if want to go out and do something then it isn't hard. We are just a family orienated city, that's all. I have lived here my entire life and have never once been bored. There is stuff, it just isn't as open as it would be in NYC.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
look at bobby and 66nexus crying bcuz all these people are picking San diego over New York City. lol
Uh, check the results. As of right now, NYC is # 1.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:35 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital85 View Post
These cities have absolutely nothing in common other than the fact that they're in the US
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
I'm not sure what the question is. Live in, visit, ???????????
I have no idea what is going on here.....

Old 09-22-2007, 01:54 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarshield View Post
Sure we aren't a New York, by any means. But if want to go out and do something then it isn't hard. We are just a family orienated city, that's all. I have lived here my entire life and have never once been bored. There is stuff, it just isn't as open as it would be in NYC.
Exactly.
"There is Stuff" lol
yes, there is stuff to do in San Diego and I used to live there but I moved out. Currently I live in Los Angeles and love it. San Diego and Los Angeles are similar but then complete opposites. Ive met people who dont like San Diego but thats because they dont like the "relaxed" type life San Diego offers. As for me, San Diego is where I go to visit my family and eat a plate of "Carne Asada fries"

Old 09-23-2007, 02:30 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Oooh, carne asada fries! Don't think they have that in the 'Least'.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:07 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
look at bobby and 66nexus crying bcuz all these people are picking San diego over New York City. lol
You got it backwards little guy, (NYC's infront) and why would I care either way? I'm in metro NYC but I'm from Newark, NJ...your precious LA just doesn't do it for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City