Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times

Advertisements

I mean, KOONS? Really? And their logo they want to put on the back of your car is ridiculous.

POHANKA? At least they don't have a ridiculous logo that I have seen. Why not have just a nice logo that says Bethesda or Rockville or Tysons why does it have to be some ridiculous name?

The first thing I do when I buy a car is take off the ugly license plate holder advertising the dealer. POHANKA.COM 555-555-5555!!!!. Why people leave all that on a $40,000 car is beyond me.

But I have never wanted to rip off the emblem as well. I hope they come off easy!

In KC, you have decent names like "State Line" That's about as crazy as it gets. Sometimes the name of a suburb. One of them I actually like. They are called Northtown and they have an emblem of the city skyline because they are close to downtown. But it's still small and not out of place uglyness.

So DC people how do you drive around with KOONS license plates and KOONS logos on your cars?

And what other cities have terrible regional car dealerships with hideous names and logos?

Does John Elway still have all his dealerships in Denver? That would be okay I guess. But wow on the DC area, they are all terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I mean, KOONS? Really? And their logo they want to put on the back of your car is ridiculous.
That is tough to beat! Wow. The goofiest one has to be Peter Pan BMW, and I don't know if it's the fictional cartoon character or a person of Chinese extraction, being on San Francisco's peninsula.

Peter Pan BMW | New and Used BMW Dealer | San Mateo, CA 94403

The other one that comes to mind is Vic Alfonso (Oldsmobile) Cadillac Hummer, of all places in Portland OR. Sounds more like a big band orchestra leader from New Jersey.

Vic Alfonso Cadillac Hummer Portland, Portland Cadillac, Portland Hummer, Cadillac Dealer Portland

Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
Bill Heard was pretty bad.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That is tough to beat! Wow. The goofiest one has to be Peter Pan BMW, and I don't know if it's the fictional cartoon character or a person of Chinese extraction, being on San Francisco's peninsula.

Peter Pan BMW | New and Used BMW Dealer | San Mateo, CA 94403

The other one that comes to mind is Vic Alfonso (Oldsmobile) Cadillac Hummer, of all places in Portland OR. Sounds more like a big band orchestra leader from New Jersey.

Vic Alfonso Cadillac Hummer Portland, Portland Cadillac, Portland Hummer, Cadillac Dealer Portland
yea, and koons is hard to avoid, they are all over the DC market in all brands.

Peter Pan? Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City