Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:09 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,023,750 times

Advertisements

Climate data. Unfortunately the site I (constantly) post climate data from doesn't have the afternoon humidity in Charlston, but it'd probably be in the mid to high 80s in the summer and 60s in winter (my guess.)

City Climate Comparisons

Halifax is pretty, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Neither location is a bad choice. They're both veeeery different. Visit first, like, before you make your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:49 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,971,855 times
The two do not compare.

Do you want to live in a large, international well known city with lots to do and see with warm weather year round a diverse population, two large airports, largest cruise ports in the world etc..

Or

Do you want to live a small southern American city. Even though Charleston is probably a bit different than most of South Carolina it is still the South keep that in mind. It is a small city. It a completely different life style choice you are talking about.

Small Southern City
Big, international city.
Which one do you prefer?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM

26,982 posts, read 43,527,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
Charleston is a very southern affluent community. Charleston still very much so has the good ole boys club. Charleston is certainly the most diverse place in South Carolina, but that is not saying much.
Actually Columbia is the most diverse city in South Carolina, being the state capital and home of the largest university in the state.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM

85 posts, read 159,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually Columbia is the most diverse city in South Carolina, being the state capital and home of the largest university in the state.
Bahahahah yes USC is a diverse culture

also lulz at columbia being diverse in anything other than different clans of rednecks diverging

Old 05-16-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
Bahahahah yes USC is a diverse culture

also lulz at columbia being diverse in anything other than different clans of rednecks diverging
Can anyone interpret this?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:02 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,023,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Can anyone interpret this?
Well, lulz is misused as it means laughing at something the person saying it has done that is unkind, thought they did it because they thought it was funny. "Did it for the lulz." This person means LOL, or laugh out loud.

He's saying that the only way that Columbia is diverse is that there are different groups of rednecks that part ways.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 AM

17,486 posts, read 38,951,108 times
Columbia is one of the few cities in SC I actually like. I always thought it seemed nice, and has a pleasant feel when I have visited.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,581,532 times
Charleston, SC, nice place to visit, but to live there no thanks, same goes for Savannah, GA. Besides you won't find much if any Asian food or markets in either Charleston compared to Miami which has an ever increasing Asian population and markets.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Well, lulz is misused as it means laughing at something the person saying it has done that is unkind, thought they did it because they thought it was funny. "Did it for the lulz." This person means LOL, or laugh out loud.

He's saying that the only way that Columbia is diverse is that there are different groups of rednecks that part ways.
Thank you, I'd had never heard the term. It sounds like text lingo which is probably considered inappropriate for an internet forum....

In terms of Columbia being "redneck", he's obviously unaware of the fact that it's the state capital and home to the largest university in the state which attracts students and faculty from all over the US and the world. Of course we're also dealing with someone who uses the "word" lulz in everyday conversation.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Columbia is one of the few cities in SC I actually like. I always thought it seemed nice, and has a pleasant feel when I have visited.
Same here, I agree....if one has actually visited they know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
View detailed profiles of: