Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who makes the best chesesteak
NYC 27 16.98%
Philly 132 83.02%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:12 PM

135 posts, read 230,843 times

Advertisements

New York has better cheesesteaks!!! New York has better food!!! New York is a better city!!!

Philly cheesesteak is completely overrated nothing one of a kind at all.

I never had good Pizza Bagels Hot Dogs in Philly either.

Most people find cheeze whiz on a cheesesteak nasty, Don't know how they like that in Philly.

New York style cheesesteak with peppers onions american cheese little mayo thats the best!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 11:45 AM

62 posts, read 69,100 times
Philly for sure.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:02 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,399,014 times
Its a really simple thing to make. I don't see why a cheese steak would be in better in one area or another. Unless they use cheese wiz because that is disgusting.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:17 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Its a really simple thing to make. I don't see why a cheese steak would be in better in one area or another. Unless they use cheese wiz because that is disgusting.
you don't ever have to eat cheez whiz, you can get a different cheese. I like it sometimes when I am in the mood. However, just to set the record straight, cheez whiz is most definitely a product of the old snack food capital of the world, Chicago.

Fun fact, the guy who invented cheez whiz was also a food scientist that helped invent the McDonald's French Fry.

Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks with blue cheese are pretty awesome. Along with cheesesteak hoagies.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 02-12-2016 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-12-2016, 01:52 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Ishkabibble's is pretty good, but I agree that a good Cheese steak could be made anywhere, as well as pizza.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:00 PM

34 posts, read 37,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Every city has poor bread compared to Philly. The bread is a large portion of why the steak is only great in Philly.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:56 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Yeah, it's not that easy. Bread is a huge component, as is type of meat, technique, etc

So many places just butcher them or they start off good and then die from their own success as quality drops

Just like pizza is a simple thing with great variance. Philly pizza just wasn't good when I was living there

Wings are another that there is a lot of variance despite being straight froward

Old 07-26-2021, 04:05 AM

79 posts, read 42,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX357 View Post
New York has better food and women then Philly. I lived by Philly in South Jersey for a long time and I have never had good pizza , hot dogs, cheesecake, gyros, pretzels ( NYC pretzels are the best Philly pretzels suck covered in rock salt smaller and their to soggy their also connected together), Chinese food, pastrami and corned beef sandwhiches, bagels, philly delis and steakhouses suck too, and I have had just as good of a cheesesteak in NYC, but the philly women love New Yorkers and I had a great time stealing your women LOL.
You're like a troll with a teenage ego. The topic was about food, and you jumped to women? I'll give NYc the gyro, and hot dog Grey's Papaya was really good. And maybe steakhouses.

Quote:
The best cheesteak is the Brooklyn chessesteak and the ones at the Yankee games are great too.

How can Philly have the best cheesesteak when they put cheesewiz on the sandwhich which ruins it?

No one likes cheesewiz on their cheesesteak unless their from Philly and most of America thinks that's nasty.
Wtf? That's how I can tell you went to the wrong places when you start talking about cheese wiz. If you went to a place, and they're asking if you want, "wiz wit or wit out?" you've failed miserably. Lmao! There's Ishkabibles on South St., Max's, D'Alessandro, Paganos, and just about any local corner papi store(bodega as NYc would say), with better tasting cheesesteaks than a tourists joint. Real Philadelphians order it with fried onions, spk, mayo, and maybe green peppers with American cheese NOT cheese wiz. Hahaha!!!!! If you go to the soft pretzel company they actually can make your pretzel without as bunch of salt you just gotta ask. But if you go to a soft pretzel stand they're already hauled in salty.

Quote:
New York has better cheesesteaks!!! New York has better food!!! New York is a better city!!!

Philly cheesesteak is completely overrated nothing one of a kind at all.

I never had good Pizza Bagels Hot Dogs in Philly either.

Most people find cheeze whiz on a cheesesteak nasty, Don't know how they like that in Philly.

New York style cheesesteak with peppers onions american cheese little mayo thats the best!!!
Okay. This the 3rd troll comment, you've just repeated it 3 times. Lol Oh and South St you have the huge slices at Lorenzo's just like a slice in Brooklyn. And, IMO the slice I had in BK was too greasy. Grease was running off my pizza, and the plate was wet from grease. So, no! We also have the best water ice made anywhere. Not that crap that ppl call snow cone, or Italian ice. Chopped up flavored ice is NOT water ice. Lmao

Old 07-26-2021, 04:53 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaM n.p. View Post
You're like a troll with a teenage ego. The topic was about food, and you jumped to women? I'll give NYc the gyro, and hot dog Grey's Papaya was really good. And maybe steakhouses.

Wtf? That's how I can tell you went to the wrong places when you start talking about cheese wiz. If you went to a place, and they're asking if you want, "wiz wit or wit out?" you've failed miserably. Lmao! There's Ishkabibles on South St., Max's, D'Alessandro, Paganos, and just about any local corner papi store(bodega as NYc would say), with better tasting cheesesteaks than a tourists joint. Real Philadelphians order it with fried onions, spk, mayo, and maybe green peppers with American cheese NOT cheese wiz. Hahaha!!!!! If you go to the soft pretzel company they actually can make your pretzel without as bunch of salt you just gotta ask. But if you go to a soft pretzel stand they're already hauled in salty.

Okay. This the 3rd troll comment, you've just repeated it 3 times. Lol Oh and South St you have the huge slices at Lorenzo's just like a slice in Brooklyn. And, IMO the slice I had in BK was too greasy. Grease was running off my pizza, and the plate was wet from grease. So, no! We also have the best water ice made anywhere. Not that crap that ppl call snow cone, or Italian ice. Chopped up flavored ice is NOT water ice. Lmao
You do realize that your responding to a post from a troll account from 5 years ago that also hasn't posted since that exact same time right? Its kind of pointless bro.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:01 AM

393 posts, read 261,757 times
Philly cheesesteaks for the win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City