Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 15,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline887 View Post
Do you think newyork will continue to have the best skyline in the future or some other city will surpass it like chicago?

Top 15 Skylines of the World well chicago is ahead of ny already. and i think it will remain the best skyline in the western hemisphere. and instead of being second, it will be the best in the world!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB-NYC View Post
Top 15 Skylines of the World well chicago is ahead of ny already. and i think it will remain the best skyline in the western hemisphere. and instead of being second, it will be the best in the world!
Not with new supply of skyscrapers and supertalls coming to NYC.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=732386

Last edited by BigCityGuy; 04-07-2010 at 11:46 AM..

Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 PM

18 posts, read 46,861 times
from Comments above, i dont think Phillys skyline will grow TOO much. Due to the fact its America's oldest city, they will have to demolish some historic buildings, the area is pretty dense. But im sure they can scrapers up somewhere, like the new Comcast Center they put up just recently

(lol i live in PA, but ive never been there!! And same with Pittsburgh!!!!) :P, but have seen Vancouver's, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Toronto, Atlanta, Seattle, St. Louis, and alot more... lol, i think thats funny xD, i mean... Philly is no more than 2 hours away, and Pittsburgh 3. But, just for the heck of it, im gonna show some PA pride *** All you Chicago vs NYC fighters, just chillax lol, they both are awesome... but personally, i kind of like NYC's better.

BUT LETS SHOW SOME PA PRIDE!!!!

hmm... it says the pictures have to be from a url >.> ill post thsi one now, and make a new one!!! But in the future, i think some midwest cities will get big, look at Tulsa, OK city, Kansas City. Sure they're not big... but what were they 20 years ago???

Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 PM

18 posts, read 46,861 times
and i take that back, maybe Philly will grow. They're is a new proposed tower that will be the next tallest in the world next to Taipei 101, look up the American Commerce Center. It's currently proposed!!! go to acctower.com, its saying itll be taller (i think) than the Sears TOwer! this is REALLY COOL!!! i hope this happens, my own state v.v home of an international hub!!! this is really interesting o.o, im literally reading it, then typing it ^^ ok... above, maybe Philly will grow lol. As ive said, ive never been there. xD , wait its not proposed??? APPROVED. its says, itd be the tallest building in NA, but yet smaller than the Chicago Spire, and the the Freedom Tower. WOW, this is interesting.

city of champions. *note, that is not smog, that is mountain valley mist... i love waking up on those days

all these pictures, i take no credit whatsoever..(google images) so full credit goes to the photographer.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ON THE new philly skyscraper??!?!?!! im really excited!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwhatishouldcallit View Post
and i take that back, maybe Philly will grow. They're is a new proposed tower that will be the next tallest in the world next to Taipei 101, look up the American Commerce Center. It's currently proposed!!! go to acctower.com, its saying itll be taller (i think) than the Sears TOwer! this is REALLY COOL!!! i hope this happens, my own state v.v home of an international hub!!! this is really interesting o.o, im literally reading it, then typing it ^^ ok... above, maybe Philly will grow lol. As ive said, ive never been there. xD , wait its not proposed??? APPROVED. its says, itd be the tallest building in NA, but yet smaller than the Chicago Spire, and the the Freedom Tower. WOW, this is interesting.

city of champions. *note, that is not smog, that is mountain valley mist... i love waking up on those days

all these pictures, i take no credit whatsoever..(google images) so full credit goes to the photographer.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ON THE new philly skyscraper??!?!?!! im really excited!!!
no tenant though rumors of GSK moving (more consolidating) their headquarters; but would mean significant movement from RDU; well a little more than rumor but still think it likely wont be built given the climate; still think most of brand and marketing will move to philly from RDU GSK facilities though even if not in the ACC (amrcian Comerce Center that is)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,177 times
Miami Houston. L.A. If they tighten up.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
The Middle East & Asia is kicking America's ass in skyline building, unfortunately.

The US Cities I see with the most potential are (in no particular order)

New York City
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta
Houston

West Coast cities are too earthquake prone to build much taller.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,538 times
I think it is and will probably always be New York City, just because. Chicago is a very close second and will probably always be as well.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 PM

721 posts, read 1,793,937 times
No matter how many links and pictures you post, you're not going to convince a die hard Chicago fan that New York's skyline is better and vice-versa. With that being said, my vote goes to Chicago is/will be better than anything in the U.S for a while

Old 04-07-2010, 11:46 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
No matter how many links and pictures you post, you're not going to convince a die hard Chicago fan that New York's skyline is better and vice-versa. With that being said, my vote goes to Chicago is/will be better than anything in the U.S for a while
In height, yes Chicago currently beats out New York City.

In sheer number of tall buildings, density, etc. Fat chance Chi-town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City