Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SD or Denver?
Denver 114 40.00%
San Diego 171 60.00%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:29 AM

9 posts, read 20,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back-up View Post
Again

This is downtown San Diego (surface parking lot heaven):

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=san+diego+aerial

This is downtown Denver:

Aerial Denver - Downtown - D&F Tower - 16th Street Mall | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How could anybody say that San Diego is more densely built than Denver? Look at all the space and parking lots in-between San Diego's highrises compared to the virtually fully built, lowrise occupied space in-between and around Denver's highrises? Furthermore, this is only half of downtown Denver. It's not even close. Sorry. Denver is much more urban.
Want to talk about parking lots? Take hold of this beauty LOL

http://www.trilliumcorp.com/popups/i...erial_2001.jpg

now compare that monstrosity to SD where the surrounding area is much more developed

http://www.brianflys.com/Professiona...HVpnu-M-10.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 05:33 AM

26 posts, read 101,244 times
Here we go again . Except this time the rookie decided to post an even older aerial of Denver, LOL. How old is that aerial? 20-25 yrs old? This is getting quite old. Sad really. San Diego public schools must score extremely low on comprehension tests.

Seriously, how does that look like this?

Aerial View of Denver | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Literally 3/4ths of downtown Denver isn't even built in that ancient aerial you just posted. And all that "undeveloped land" has been explained to death.

I've already posted close-up pictures of each downtown and it's quite clear Denver is the more built up environment. Now compare that to this monstrosity:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=san+diego+aerial

Last edited by Back-up; 07-17-2012 at 06:01 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Here we go again . Except this time the rookie decided to post an even older aerial of Denver, LOL. How old is that Aerial? 20-25 yrs old? This is getting quite old. Sad really. San Diego public schools must score extremely low on comprehension tests...
Oh I'm sure that area has been all filled in right?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Here we go again . Except this time the rookie decided to post an even older aerial of Denver, LOL. How old is that Aerial? 20-25 yrs old? This is getting quite old. Sad really. San Diego public schools must score extremely low on comprehension tests...
you know we both have the same join dates

Old 07-17-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Here we go again . Except this time the rookie decided to post an even older aerial of Denver, LOL. How old is that aerial? 20-25 yrs old? This is getting quite old. Sad really. San Diego public schools must score extremely low on comprehension tests.

Seriously, how does that look like this?

Aerial View of Denver | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Literally 3/4ths of downtown Denver isn't even built in that ancient aerial you just posted. And all that "undeveloped land" has been explained to death. You must be dumb as rocks.
Are you kidding me? It's where all that horrible snow is in that pic, you just showed the same area but from a different vantage point, either way my point is made that you won't find anything like that near SD except for the airport, just face the fact that SD is much more developed then denver and has a long way to go before it feels like a real city like SD

Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 AM

looks like Denver has a twin in Houston

https://www.city-data.com/cpic/ufiles874.jpg

Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 AM

26 posts, read 101,244 times
If you seriously can't see the difference in those aerials then you're blind. And statements like "Denver has a long way to go before it feels like a real city like SD" doesn't speak highly to your credibility. I mean, really, you can't be serious. To top it off, you go and post an outdated aerial of Houston to compare to Denver. Big mistake considering I live in Houston and I can tell you first hand that Houston's skyline is larger than Denver's and San Diego's combined, and THEN some.

EDIT: I suddenly realized that I may have been trolled for the second time this morning. With that, this will be my last post on this subject as I feel I've taken far too much space. In closing, no matter how many homers come into this thread to boost San Diego and create troll accounts to vote, post, and rep people (such as myself) to talk trash, downtown Denver has significantly more street level pedestrian activity, vibrancy and urban build than downtown San Diego. That's not something a skyline shot or an aerial can display. It's something you'd have have to experience.

Last edited by Back-up; 07-17-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,787,877 times
Denver is really pretty much KC but closer to the front range. No one has really pointed out anything amazing about Denver that can't be found in other cities.

I'd actually put it a step below Portland, now that I think about it.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM

704 posts, read 1,794,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Denver is really pretty much KC but closer to the front range. No one has really pointed out anything amazing about Denver that can't be found in other cities.

I'd actually put it a step below Portland, now that I think about it.
I've made that point before, and though it's not a popular one among Denver-boosters, it's probably true. Denver really is more similar to Kansas City than it is to, say, Seattle, San Diego, or even Minneapolis.

On the other hand, Portland is not an especially nice place, and both Denver and Kansas City are in a better position for growth and development that Portland and it's poor economy (caused, in large part, by it's liberal economic policies).

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM

704 posts, read 1,794,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
And once again you would be WRONG as usual trying to portray Denver for what it is not.Must be getting tired of telling people about Denver from the mid-west. Denver's Cherry Creek North known as THE Rodeo Drive of the Rockies where I used to live and sell real estate is a destination shopping HUB with fine restaurants,galleries,spas ect. There are many second homes for Californian's,resort dwellers, artists ect. While other cities struggle to survive Cherry Creek continues to pump out new multi million dollar homes,condos,flats. Tourist are welcomed with six bike share kiosks within three square miles, the farmers market, several 10k run events..ect. That is only one neighborhood.
You're describing Aspen.

Cherry Creek is actually the most-visited destination in Denver. But it's also only a small section of the city, most of which is nothing like Cherry Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City